What's new

Press Release WHV Press Release: The Batman (4k UHD Combo) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Turns out there is a commentary - it’s included with the iTunes version (which is included with the disc by way of the digital copy code since iTunes is a Movies Anywhere provider).

Ugh to the trend of commentaries not on the disc release.

Assuming that the commentary ISN'T on the disc and this isn't just an omission/goof...

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
it’s included with the iTunes version (which is included with the disc by way of the digital copy code since iTunes is a Movies Anywhere provider).
Matt Reeves did commentary for his Planet of the Apes films so I was wondering why he wouldn't for The Batman too. It's good news that he did. I'll listen to that. But it's also annoying. A supplement of that significance should really be on the disc itself.

Last edited:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Matt Reeves did commentary for his Planet of the Apes films so I was wondering why he wouldn't for The Batman too. It's good news that he did. I'll listen to that. But it's also annoying. A supplement of that significance should really be on the disc itself.

Let's wait until the disc arrives to be sure it's not on there.

It probably won't be, but like I said: this could've just been an error in the press release or a last-minute change of plans...

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Turns out there is a commentary - it’s included with the iTunes version (which is included with the disc by way of the digital copy code since iTunes is a Movies Anywhere provider).

Got the 4K/BD package today and can confirm the commentary is nowhere on either disc.

I have no idea how to use the download code to access the movie on iTunes.

I entered on iTunes but it says "not valid" - is that because I already used it on "Movies Anywhere"?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Got the 4K/BD package today and can confirm the commentary is nowhere on either disc.

I entered on iTunes but it says "not valid" - is that because I already used it on "Movies Anywhere"?
If you redeemed the code on MA then you should be able to access the commentary on iTunes. Yes, once redeemed on MA, the code is invalid going forward.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

Warner codes redeem on Movies Anywhere. iTunes is a Movies Anywhere partner. As long as your iTunes and MA accounts are linked, once you redeem the code on MA, it’ll show up in your iTunes library as well.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Warner codes redeem on Movies Anywhere. iTunes is a Movies Anywhere partner. As long as your iTunes and MA accounts are linked, once you redeem the code on MA, it’ll show up in your iTunes library as well.

Alrighty - I have to figure out how to link iTunes and MA, I guess.

I literally never stream so I just signed up for MA tonight. I don't know how any of these works!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That's an excellent point. Did Colin linked his iTunes account to his MA account.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Some YouTube video makers got in the Best Buy steelbook already and have shown that it does have three discs after all: movie 4K + movie Blu-ray + special features disc. Despite the picture on the website which clearly shows only two discs.

That being said, the uncertainty around all of this made me cancel my pre-order for the steelbook. I'm not going to fuss with trying to get it back. I no longer want the hassle. I'll just go with the regular edition at this point and save money too.

But for those who want the steelbook, it looks like you will get everything.

Last edited:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
That's an excellent point. Did Colin linked his iTunes account to his MA account.

I ended up doing that and it apparently worked.

I've been unable to put the movie on my phone, though. I got a new 13 Pro that I activated the day after I downloaded the movie, and iTunes on my desktop WILL NOT recognize it.

12-year-old laptop? Recognizes new phone.

New laptop? Recognizes new phone.

3.5 year old desktop? Nope.

Tried every trick in the book and spent time with Apple advisors twice - nuttin'.

The phone is also iffy with CarPlay in my Civic. Wondering if there's simply something wrong with the phone itself.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched the UHD disc of this tonight. Yep, long (but not dull; it held my interest throughout), but it could have been and probably should have been two movies quite frankly. Really enjoyed Pattinson as the title character, but found his Bruce Wayne rather uninteresting. Had I not known it ahead of time, I NEVER would have recognized Colin Farrell. And as so many people in its various threads have observed, it IS a detective movie, and it's fittingly so since the character was first introduced in Detective Comics.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
it could have been and probably should have been two movies quite frankly.
If this had been the case, where would you have cut it off? I agree that it is long, but I do feel like this all needed to be one story.
Really enjoyed Pattinson as the title character, but found his Bruce Wayne rather uninteresting.
I think that is sort of by design because the character clearly isn't interested in being Bruce Wayne either.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
If this had been the case, where would you have cut it off?
After the revelation of Gotham's true "mayor." That was about two hours in. I would design the second film to be the capture of the Riddler which could have been fleshed out with about forty more minutes of riddled crimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks