Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Welcome Jack O'Halloran!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
90 replies to this topic

#41 of 91 Jack O'H

Jack O'H

Agent

• 42 posts

Posted June 09 2006 - 03:56 AM

Hi Paul

Thanks for stopping by and sending your thoughts.I am glad you enjoyed the film as much as I did making it.

It was sad to lose Chris as he was helping a lot of people with his courage at the end but I would say he is probably in a better place.I feel for his children who also lost their mother.

Margot is great I spoke to her the other day and I believe she will be joining us here on this forum soon she still a very pretty women inside and out.It is a pleasure to have her as a friend.

All the Best

Jack O'Halloran

#42 of 91 George_W_K

George_W_K

Screenwriter

• 1,467 posts

Posted June 09 2006 - 09:05 AM

Quote:
Margot is great I spoke to her the other day and I believe she will be joining us here on this forum soon she still a very pretty women inside and out.It is a pleasure to have her as a friend.

That'll be great. I like this Celebrity Corner idea. It's nice to see actors and actresses as actual "people". (I mean that in a good way.) The tabloids don't always help your profession's image.

#43 of 91 Ricardo C

Ricardo C

Producer

• 5,060 posts

Posted June 10 2006 - 03:24 AM

Welcome, Mr. O'Halloran! Posted Image I hope you have a pleasant stay!

I was wondering, with your fellow Superman stars Terence Stamp, Margot Kidder and Chris Reeve himself having guest-starred on the "Smallville" TV series, and with the current season of that show wrapping up with General Zod's arrival (albeit in the form of a posessed Lex Luthor), would you be interested in reprising the role of Non, if asked?
Man, an hour wasted on this sig! Thanks, Toshiba! :P

#44 of 91 Jack O'H

Jack O'H

Agent

• 42 posts

Posted June 10 2006 - 03:57 AM

Ricardo

I would do it depending on what they ask me to do. I had given them a few suggestions but never heard back from them so I guess time will tell.

All the Best

Jack O'Halloran

#45 of 91 Jack O'H

Jack O'H

Agent

• 42 posts

Posted June 10 2006 - 03:59 AM

George

I hope one day I can make your photo shoot.

All the Best

Jack

#46 of 91 Stanton Heck

Stanton Heck

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted June 10 2006 - 05:28 PM

Are you going to or have done any interviews for the upcoming Superman 14 disc dvd set? Also is there any cut footage from Superman II that you hope makes the DVD

#47 of 91 Jack O'H

Jack O'H

Agent

• 42 posts

Posted June 10 2006 - 05:43 PM

Hi Stanton

I did a few interviews for the 14 disc set coming out. And there is a lot of footage in Donners cut that the fans deserve to see and I am glad they will have that chance.

All the Best

Jack O'Halloran

#48 of 91 Random Hero

Random Hero

Second Unit

• 277 posts

Posted June 12 2006 - 07:13 PM

Hello Mr. O'Halloran,

It is an honor to have you here with us on the HTF. Thank you for taking the time to meet and speak with your many fans here.

Is there a decision in your life that you regret making or not making, such as taking a role or not taking / missing out on a role? Or perhaps do you wish that you had chosen a different path? For example, had you always wanted to be in the boxing and/or film industries, or did you have other aspirations growing up?

Thank you very much for your time, Mr. O'Halloran.

#49 of 91 Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter

• 1,317 posts

Posted June 12 2006 - 07:51 PM

Thanks for visiting with us Mr. O'Halloran.
Got any stories about working with Richard Donner you'd like to share?
"Oh I can hold my breath for a long, long time!"

http://www.dvdprofil....s=TromaFiend02

#50 of 91 Jack O'H

Jack O'H

Agent

• 42 posts

Posted June 13 2006 - 05:50 AM

Hi Steve

Your welcome it is a pleasure chatting with everyone.Donner was a pleasure to work with he is such a great director and a good friend.

All the Best

Jack O'Halloran

#51 of 91 Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter

• 1,249 posts
  • LocationGuelph, Ontario - Canada

Posted June 15 2006 - 08:33 AM

Hi Jack. Thanks so much for being a part of HTF. I think it is wonderful that celebrities such as yourself can interact with us fans one-to-one. I only hope that more will follow suit.

Anyhow, on to my question. What was it like working on the set of "The Flintstones"? In other words, what was your first reaction when you first laid eyes on the 3-dimensional city of Bedrock? I was 17 when that movie came out and was literally amazed with the transformation from cartoon to reality. Did they let you keep any props from the film? Lord knows there were plenty. lol. Thanks once again for sharing your insight with us. It's very much appreciated.
My DVD / Blu-ray collection:

#52 of 91 Alf S

Alf S

Screenwriter

• 1,298 posts

Posted June 15 2006 - 02:46 PM

Welcome! It's great having you here..and yes I too enjoyed your part in Superman II. Any plans to check out the newest version of Superman?

Have a great weeken!

Alf
WOOSAH!.

#53 of 91 WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,213 posts

Posted June 16 2006 - 03:38 PM

Hello Mr. O'Halloran

Such a twist in life that a person who I always associated through most of my life as a ruthless superthug is, in reality, a gracious, down to Earth, person who really seems to enjoy interacting with the fanbase.

I was watching Superman: The Movie and noticed that you are rather highly billed in the titles (before Terrance Stamp and Sarah Douglas) Were you the most experienced out of the three at that time? (Yes I know I could research it on IMDB, but I'd rather speak with you personally)
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#54 of 91 Jack O'H

Jack O'H

Agent

• 42 posts

Posted June 16 2006 - 05:04 PM

Actually Terence was as he was nominated for an Oscar for a film Soldier Blue and he had done the Collector.

All the Best

Jack

#55 of 91 Jack O'H

Jack O'H

Agent

• 42 posts

Posted June 16 2006 - 05:18 PM

Andrew

The Flinstones set was a lot of fun we did a lot more than what was in the movie but they cut the film down time wise and they added Liz Taylor.

All the Best

Jack

#56 of 91 Jack O'H

Jack O'H

Agent

• 42 posts

Posted June 16 2006 - 05:21 PM

Alf
I will be at the Premier on the 21st. I understand the movie is very good.I am looking forward to seeing it.

All the Best

Jack

#57 of 91 Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter

• 1,224 posts

Posted June 17 2006 - 08:59 PM

Hello Jack,

Welcome to the forum! Glad to hear you've decided to join us in our small corner of the WWW. Posted Image

Superman II is one of my all-time favorite films, and I always found some comic relief in Non to be a great highlight of a film that was otherwise almost ruined (I say almost due to stellar performances from you guys as the supervillains as well as from Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder...and the rest). I am really looking forward to Richard Donner's re-cut, and almost cannot believe after all this time the original version Donner intended is coming out! That's going to be very exciting. I'm hoping you'll end up doing a commentary track, and hopefully Margot Kidder and Terence Stamp will do one as well. Can you say if there will be commentary tracks by everyone involved or is that not possible to mention at this point in time?

Also...

Do you have any advice or pointers for anyone considering making a move into showbusiness in the future? And do you have any favorites among the films that you have made?

#58 of 91 Jack O'H

Jack O'H

Agent

• 42 posts

Posted June 19 2006 - 05:11 PM

Brian

I so glad you droped by to leave your comments on the film.Sounds like you enjoy the film as much as I did making it.
I really am looking forward to Donner's cut I hear it is really great.
Depends on what you want to do in the business there are so many opportunities in front and behind the camera.

All the Best

Jack

#59 of 91 Jack O'H

Jack O'H

Agent

• 42 posts

Posted June 19 2006 - 05:13 PM

Brian
Sorry my favorite film among the one's I worked on is Farewell my Lovely.

Jack

#60 of 91 Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted June 20 2006 - 08:42 AM

Hi, Jack, and welcome to HTF! Posted Image

Just wanted to say I love your work, two of my favorite roles of yours is, of course, Superman II, out of the three villains, Non was the one I liked because he was so evil yet so innocent, if not always gentle and patient (the scene where your trying desperatly to use your heat vision to ignite that snake and getting frustrated always made me laugh) lol.

I always felt bad when I would watch that film and see you get pinned under that tower on top of the building lol.

BTW, i'm of the opinion that a police car siren makes a wonderful gift, Zod should have accepted it graciously. Posted Image

My other favorite part of yours is 'Amel' in the underrated comedy Dragnet, I bet your character will never go near another drawer again. Posted Image

Lastly, are you a fan of the television show Smallville? I love that show and they've been referrancing the 'Phantom Zone' lately which of course makes me think of you, Terrance and Sarah. I cannot wait for Singer's Superman Returns, from what i've seen so far it's going to rock and i'm already slated to see it twice when it's released, looking foreward to your thoughts on it.

In closing, thank you for speaking with us, your at the classiest forum on the entire web. Posted Image
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan