What's new

Welcome Jack O'Halloran! (1 Viewer)

Jack O'H

Agent
Real Name
Jack O'Halloran
Hi Jonathan

Actually it was my idea to not speak I felt if I played the character like a child learning how to walk and talk. It would be a lot of fun for the youth audience.So they would have someone to relate to.

Be Well

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Welcome Mr. O'Halloran!

If you don't mind my saying, I have a greater affinity for 'character' actors than movie stars, and as others have said, enjoyed your memorable presence in the Superman films, Dragnet and The Flintstones. Thanks for your time, and I hope you enjoy visiting and participating.

Jack O'H

Agent
Real Name
Jack O'Halloran
Hi Keith
I am glad you enjoyed those films for I enjoyed making them.

Regards
Jack O'Halloran

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George

The first comment is very refreshing to hear. And it's nice to know I'm not alone about the PJ King Kong.

Welcome to the HTF, Jack. I hope you enjoy yourself here. You played Non too well. I remember when I was a lot younger how I hated that your character was defeated at the end of Superman II. I thought that he could have been turned to the "good" side.:)

Jack O'H

Agent
Real Name
Jack O'Halloran
Hi George

I am really glad you enjoyed SupermanII I played Non to relate to the youth audience I felt someone had to Zod was so strong and Ursa was such a man eater.And it worked really well and responces like yours just prove that out.

I come to Cleveland a couple times a year I will let you know the next time I am coming.

All the Best

Jack O'Halloran

Mary M S

Screenwriter
I read that you admired working with Robert Mitchum. His role as preacher in “Night of the Hunter” I feel is probably one of the best portrayals of a ‘killer’ ever filmed. It seems that among leading men who pretended to be ‘tough guys’; partly due to Mr. Mitchum’s hard start in life, he was the real deal.

Was it easier to work with a man who had street smarts and boxing in his past, like yourself? More fun on the set..in between takes?

You’ve worked at two professions I’m aware of: Boxing and Acting. Which world did you find the more difficult to deal with? Fight promoters or Studio Productions?
Or, are they so different as to have nothing in common?

In Farewell my Lovely, I love the line describing your character.
“Looked about as inconspicuous as a tarantula on a slice of angel food and about as dangerous.”
Reviewing that film Roger Ebert said, “the most touching is Moose Malloy, played by an ex-prizefighter named Jack O’Halloran.” Seems like high praise and that it was a great role for you!

Best to you and thanks for joining in.
Mary.

Jack O'H

Agent
Real Name
Jack O'Halloran
Hi Mary

Robert was nominated for Night of the Hunter which was Directed by Charles Laughton his only directing piece.

Robert and I became very good friends form the movie he was an amazing man.Robert taught me a lot about the industry and the people in it.

They are both flesh pedlars some good and bad in both worlds.But I am enjoying working in the industry at the moment.

I really thought Farewell worked very well and I was given a lot of good reviews on the role.

Thanks

Jack O'Halloran

Herb Kane

Screenwriter
Hi Jack,

Welcome to the board and thank you for sharing your time.

Being an absolute film noir nut and an even bigger fan of Robert Mitchum (perhaps my favorite star from the 40's and 50's), it's great to hear that your own personal favorite is Farewell My Lovely. While I'm not usually all that taken by remakes, FML is an excellent film with outstanding performances by Mitchum and yourself. The film does as good a job as any to have captured that atmosphere of the 40's. Did you prepare for the role by spending any considerable time watching Mike Mazurki in Murder, My Sweet - or any of his other tough guy roles...? Also, there are numerous discussions among fans of noir as to which actor best portayed Philip Marlowe. What do you think...?

According to Lee Server's book, "Baby I Don't Care", Mitchum was quite the character. Can you share any funny Mitch stories that took place during the film's production...?

Thanks Jack,

Herb.

Jack O'H

Agent
Real Name
Jack O'Halloran
Hi Herb

I actually never saw Murder,My Sweet until after filming Farewell.I had seen Mike in Films and we were friends as we belong to a club for retired fighters and wrestlers.I am prejudice when it concerns Robert but I still think he was the best Marlow.

We were shooting the first shot in the film day one working and I had never been on a set before.So Robert walked me through it and when we finished the first shot and they where moving things around I looked at him and ask what was going on he looked at me with dropping eyes and replied that's it kid the whole enchilada.I replied that's all there is to this shit I'm a star.He laughed and that became his story the duration of the picture.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
Hey, Mr. O'Halloran, I just wanted to say that SUPERMAN II is one of my favorite movies, and you are a major reason for that. Thanks for the hard work, and the memories!

Kyle McCabe

Stunt Coordinator
Jack,

Good to see you here! I hope you don't mind my off-topic question, but:

Who's going to win June 17th, Jermaine Taylor or Winky Wright? And will you be attending this event?

Again, I hope you don't mind my non-motion picture related question!

Best Regards,

Kyle McCabe

Jack O'H

Agent
Real Name
Jack O'Halloran
Hi Larry

I am very glad you enjoyed the film as much as I did making it. Nice to hear from you thanks.

All the Best

Jack O'Halloran

Jack O'H

Agent
Real Name
Jack O'Halloran
Hi Kyle

Nice to hear from you.Jermaine should stop him inside seven but he will win the fight big I would think either way. I am tied up with Superman commitments and I have another project I am finishing unfortunately.

Be Lucky

Jack

Kyle McCabe

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, Jack. I love to hear opinions from other boxers! Good luck with your other engagements.

Regards,

Kyle

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George

Anything to do with the Donner re-cut of Superman II? Something else? Or are you not allowed to say?

Thanks,
George

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Welcome Mr. O'H!

What do you think about how celebrity itself is changing in the internet age? do you think its better or worse for the celebrities themselves having such direct contact with fans and.... uh.. un-fans? =)

Are you a big movie nut yourself? How bout home theater?

Sam

Jack O'H

Agent
Real Name
Jack O'Halloran
Hi George

I have just produced a film called The List starring Wayne Brady,Flex Alexander and Sisdney Poitier and a host of other fine actor's.We are just about to sell the picture. Also I have written a script Ballad of a Simple Man which is going into pre-production now.Plus I am writing a book.So I am staying busy.

All the Best

Jack

Paul Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
It's very exciting to have you here, Mr. Halloran! I also wanted to say that you were the best part of 'Superman II', you were the coolest! Your thoughts on Christopher Reeves and Margot Kidder?

Jack O'H

Agent
Real Name
Jack O'Halloran
Hi Sam

Thanks for dropping a line in answer to your question I personally think it is good for celebrities to interact with the people who watch their work and to answer the feed back. The internet makes this happen easier.

Yes I enjoy the film world on all levels.I write ,produce and I am an actor.I certainly enjoy watching films. At home I have a DVD and sound system wrapped around it.But I have access to screening theater's which is where I enjoy watching film's.

All the Best

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks