What's new

MGM Midnight Movies return in June! (1 Viewer)

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
From www.dvddrive-in.com:

Sony Home Entertainment and MGM Home Entertainment will continue the “Midnite Movies” series with two pirate-themed double features to be released on June 27. The first double feature will consist of Bert I. Gordon’s BOY AND THE PIRATES with CRYSTALSTONE, and FORTUNES OF CAPTAIN BLOOD with CAPTAIN PIRATE, both starring Louis Hayward and Patricia Medina. Both releases will be double discs (rather than a double-sided single disc) and retail for $19.94. Hopefully Sony and MGM will plan for more genre-themed Midnite Movies comes Halloween time.

The choice of titles is puzzling to say the least, but it's a good sign if nothing else.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Sounds more like a tie-in to the new "Pirates Of The Carribean" movie, as opposed to continuing the series propper.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
I would gladly pay higher prices if only they would continue this line.

I'm afraid that when the inevitable happens -- when these head-scratchingly obscure titles fail to sell -- Sony will take it as evidence that there's no market for "midnite movies" and discontinue them permanently.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Excited when I saw the subject header:)...disappointed when I saw the titles:frowning:

I agree with Russell & Jeffrey...just a tie-in to POTC and they won't sell very well.

Of all studios, why did Sony have to buy MGM!:angry:

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

Same here. As soon as I read the header all I kept thinking was please let one of the titles be Conquerer Worm. Then of course ............. :frowning:

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
Well, I'm not impressed and this makes me fear for the other titles. I guess some studio needs to make a Witch-hunter movie and maybe we'll see Witchfinder General. [rollseyes]

Hey Sony, the Witchcraft series might have another sequel coming....give us Witchfinder General ;).

Med

Stunt Coordinator
I'm as disappointed as others at the chosen titles for the next “Midnite Movies” releases. Let's hope they announce a more interesting selection in time for Halloween.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks