What's new

Infocus LP650? (1 Viewer)

Ron_S

Grip
I currently have an Infocus X1 and bulb life is getting near it's end and was debating upgrading the projector or dumping money into a new lamp. The specs on the LP650 look better than the X1 but is it really better will I notice a difference?

Thanks

Ron

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I don't know anything about the 650, but the InFocus Screenplay 4805 is the successor to the X1 and can be found for under $1000. There's a noticeable difference, primarily in the reduction of the rainbow effect but also an improvement in color. If you figure on selling your X1, you'll pretty much have to deduct the cost of the replacement lamp ($300) from the asking price to get any buyers. And I imagine most people looking for a used InFocus will be looking for the 4805 since its replacement was announced at CES last month.

Ron_S

Grip
I saw the 4805 but the low lumens has me concerned since this is for TV viewing as well as movies so sometimes there is light in the room. I'm concerned the light will wash out the screen. Right now I can have enough light in the room to be comfortable and still see the picture very well.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
From projectorcentral.com review of the X1:

So you're really looking at 500 lumens with the X1 when in video mode. The info for the 4805 says 350 for low power and 450 for high power modes. So the difference is really not that great (unless you're watching everything on the X1 in presentation mode, which is not recommended).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks