What's new

Paradigm Cinema 70 v. Klipsch Quintet Which is better? (1 Viewer)

Bill Street

Stunt Coordinator
I'm searching for a small sat/sub setup for my new home. I want small speakers that don't sound like crap. I've read a fair bit about the Paradigm Cinema 70's and the Klipsch Quintet. I know much of enjoyment of speakers is subjective, but I was wondering which one was considered better?

I'm using an Harman Kardon AV120 for my receiver.

I've had Paradigm Performance speakers before and like the sound, but part of me is intrigued by the Klipsch use of a horn tweeter. I like the improved sensitivity.

I wish Paradigm still made the Micro's. I think those would have worked perfectly for me.

Thanks for the help.

Bill Street

darek

Auditioning
I haven't heard the Paradigm system but I have owned the Quintets (among others). If you have a small room they're quite nice for home theater, very clear, due to the horn. They have a built in stand/wall mount that works pretty well. Their music performance was ok, not great. This is mainly due to their 3.5" woofer. I feel that all micro systems have the same problem with music; they just don't have presence and sound small leaving you wanting more.

As you stated, you wished that Paradigm still made the Mico. In that case I would strongly recommend the Athena Point 5 system (you can still get it on ebay). This is one of the best sounding speaker systems out there. It also comes with wall mounts and when combined with a good subwoofer you'd think that you were listening to floor standing speakers. The only negative with the Point 5's is their appearance which not everyone likes.

Another option and one that I'm considering would be 3 pairs of JBL E20's. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks