Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

KDF-E50A10 Geometry Problem

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   DeepakJR

DeepakJR

Second Unit

• 255 posts

Posted November 25 2005 - 03:23 PM

I've been gone for a while guys, and now im back with more problems to solve. I just picked up a KDF-E50A10 and I love it, however, the geometry on the left side of the screen is realyl screwy. Looking at the test pattersn in AVIA makes this all the more obvious. I previous had a nice 47" Panny which had plenty information about it available; which is quite the contrary to this beauty. Ive been searching both here and at AVS (not to mention Google) with no avail. Someone please let me know what I can do.

Thanks!
Never Die!

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles

Producer

• 4,791 posts

Posted November 25 2005 - 04:26 PM

what do you mean by screwy? how screwy? This is an LCD, if it's minor lens-or mirror kind of screwy like warped that's one thing, if it's garbled or distorted strongly or something like that that's nastier...

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   DeepakJR

DeepakJR

Second Unit

• 255 posts

Posted November 25 2005 - 05:31 PM

Significantly distorted. The geometry isnt straight and lined up with the right side. It seems as if the right side is a bit higher than the left and the shape of the left isnt straight. I have ordered a service manual from Sony and im hoping this will help me fix this.
Never Die!

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles

Producer

• 4,791 posts

Posted November 25 2005 - 05:37 PM

that sounds like a smooth distortion, that would indicate something like a warped mirror. there won't really be geometry problems that would be fixable with the 3 panels, doesn't sound like any have become misaligned. If the picture was scrably looking, that would indicate internal electronic problems. Can you take a peek inside at the mirror(s) or have a tech take a peek?