What's new

KDF-E50A10 Geometry Problem (1 Viewer)

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
I've been gone for a while guys, and now im back with more problems to solve. I just picked up a KDF-E50A10 and I love it, however, the geometry on the left side of the screen is realyl screwy. Looking at the test pattersn in AVIA makes this all the more obvious. I previous had a nice 47" Panny which had plenty information about it available; which is quite the contrary to this beauty. Ive been searching both here and at AVS (not to mention Google) with no avail. Someone please let me know what I can do.

Thanks!

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
what do you mean by screwy? how screwy? This is an LCD, if it's minor lens-or mirror kind of screwy like warped that's one thing, if it's garbled or distorted strongly or something like that that's nastier...

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
Significantly distorted. The geometry isnt straight and lined up with the right side. It seems as if the right side is a bit higher than the left and the shape of the left isnt straight. I have ordered a service manual from Sony and im hoping this will help me fix this.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
that sounds like a smooth distortion, that would indicate something like a warped mirror. there won't really be geometry problems that would be fixable with the 3 panels, doesn't sound like any have become misaligned. If the picture was scrably looking, that would indicate internal electronic problems. Can you take a peek inside at the mirror(s) or have a tech take a peek?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks