Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Panasonic 700 = WOW!!!!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 Kevin_F

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator

• 246 posts

Posted April 22 2005 - 03:54 PM

I finally got my Panasonic 700 hooked up and got the picture centered on my screen (not as difficult as I thought it would be). I haven't picked up my new dvd player so I am using one that isn't even progressive scan, and I decided not to calibrate it until I get my new player. Popped in Matrix, to see what I can expect, and all I can say is WOW!!!

My screen is a 106" HCCV and the picture was beautiful. I am sitting 12' away and noticed no screendoor effect. I am really unsure what VB is, but I didn't notice anything bad on the screen.

I am one of those people that bought my projector site unseen and would say to anyone that is on the fence if a projector is for them, GO FOR IT, and I highly recommend the Panasonic 700 Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
"I'm never trapped"

Wolverine

#2 of 9 RaymondSteiner

RaymondSteiner

Stunt Coordinator

• 105 posts

Posted April 22 2005 - 04:47 PM

Congratulations !! I have heard a lot of good things about the Pana, i hope they went down in price fast!
DVD Collection

#3 of 9 Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph

Lead Actor

• 8,338 posts

Posted April 24 2005 - 11:37 AM

Maybe you can post some pictures for us soon?
Click on above image to enter " T H E . H O L O D E C K "
---------------------------------------------------------
The Holodeck. My DIY Screen. DIY Subwoofer: The MaxCaliber
My humble collection of DVD's. HTF Beginner's Primer and FAQ

#4 of 9 Kevin_F

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator

• 246 posts

Posted April 25 2005 - 12:35 AM

Hey Neil, unfortunately I don't have a digital camera Posted Image
"I'm never trapped"

Wolverine

#5 of 9 Tim Glover

Tim Glover

Lead Actor

• 7,609 posts

Posted April 25 2005 - 09:22 AM

Congrats Kevin! I've heard the 700 is a real gem.

We need some pics though! :b

#6 of 9 Dan Magnin

Dan Magnin

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted April 25 2005 - 09:28 AM

I'm on the fence about this highly recommended projector,too...Kevin, what is the distance that your projector is positioned from the screen? Also, what is HCCV in relation to your screen? thanks.

#7 of 9 Kevin_F

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator

• 246 posts

Posted April 25 2005 - 03:24 PM

Hey Dan, my projector is about 18.5 feet from my screen. HCCV means High Contrast Cinema Vision. It is a gray screen and from what I am told helps when you want to "occasionally" have some ambient light in the room. My basement is totally light controlled, but there may be times when I have company over and I may want to have the room dimmed somewhat. Once I get the projector calibrated I will let you know how the screen and projector performs with some ambient light in the room.

If there is anything else I can do to help you get off the fence let me know Posted Image
"I'm never trapped"

Wolverine

#8 of 9 Dan Magnin

Dan Magnin

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted April 26 2005 - 09:57 AM

Sounds good, kevin. Did you go with a fixed screen or drop down, pop up, etc.? I'm currently using a 65" diagonal HD monitor from Toshiba and am very pleased with its picture. I'm actually considering keeping it and using it for kids programs,etc. Then using the projector and screen for my movies and games. I'm looking forward to reading about the calibration results. Thanks again.

#9 of 9 Kevin_F

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator

• 246 posts

Posted April 28 2005 - 12:37 PM

I have a fixed 106" HCCV screen Dan, I hope to calibrate it this weekend (if my dvd player comes in)
"I'm never trapped"

Wolverine