Panasonic 700 = WOW!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Kevin_F, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Kevin_F

Kevin_F Stunt Coordinator

I finally got my Panasonic 700 hooked up and got the picture centered on my screen (not as difficult as I thought it would be). I haven't picked up my new dvd player so I am using one that isn't even progressive scan, and I decided not to calibrate it until I get my new player. Popped in Matrix, to see what I can expect, and all I can say is WOW!!!

My screen is a 106" HCCV and the picture was beautiful. I am sitting 12' away and noticed no screendoor effect. I am really unsure what VB is, but I didn't notice anything bad on the screen.

I am one of those people that bought my projector site unseen and would say to anyone that is on the fence if a projector is for them, GO FOR IT, and I highly recommend the Panasonic 700 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. RaymondSteiner

RaymondSteiner Stunt Coordinator

Congratulations !! I have heard a lot of good things about the Pana, i hope they went down in price fast!

3. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Maybe you can post some pictures for us soon?

4. Kevin_F

Hey Neil, unfortunately I don't have a digital camera [​IMG]

5. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    Congrats Kevin! I've heard the 700 is a real gem.

We need some pics though! :b

6. Dan Magnin

Dan Magnin Stunt Coordinator

I'm on the fence about this highly recommended projector,too...Kevin, what is the distance that your projector is positioned from the screen? Also, what is HCCV in relation to your screen? thanks.

7. Kevin_F

Hey Dan, my projector is about 18.5 feet from my screen. HCCV means High Contrast Cinema Vision. It is a gray screen and from what I am told helps when you want to "occasionally" have some ambient light in the room. My basement is totally light controlled, but there may be times when I have company over and I may want to have the room dimmed somewhat. Once I get the projector calibrated I will let you know how the screen and projector performs with some ambient light in the room.

If there is anything else I can do to help you get off the fence let me know [​IMG]

8. Dan Magnin

Dan Magnin Stunt Coordinator

Sounds good, kevin. Did you go with a fixed screen or drop down, pop up, etc.? I'm currently using a 65" diagonal HD monitor from Toshiba and am very pleased with its picture. I'm actually considering keeping it and using it for kids programs,etc. Then using the projector and screen for my movies and games. I'm looking forward to reading about the calibration results. Thanks again.

9. Kevin_F

I have a fixed 106" HCCV screen Dan, I hope to calibrate it this weekend (if my dvd player comes in)