Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The New SVS Enclosure Pics Are Up!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#21 of 23 OFFLINE   Joey_V

Joey_V

Second Unit

• 354 posts

Posted February 28 2005 - 08:01 PM

I agree with Ikka... I like the "form" of the old SVS better. No question about the veneer though, I'm sure the new ones are much better in that aspect.

However, I dont know why but I am really bothered by that FLAT front (and the flattened anterior part of the base). I see that the sides are tapered (rounded off) towards the top.

The old ones were rounded-off throughout the entire apex of the sub... I just wish the new subs retained that rounded-off look.

It just looks asymmetrical to me. Posted Image

Martin Logan + Rotel =
Martin Logans rock!!!

#22 of 23 OFFLINE   steve nn

steve nn

Screenwriter

• 2,420 posts

Posted March 01 2005 - 02:05 PM

I'm not so sure I'm on the same page, but I certainly understand where your coming from.

The PB10-ISD has the same style if you take a close look at it. In-fact it sits to my right and in looking at my old style PB12-Ultra/2 and envisioning the change,I would opt for the new style over the old. Both versions are definitely nice though. Real veneer, as opposed to stain, is more appealing to me also

I do like the older format in names thoughPosted Image

#23 of 23 OFFLINE   Joey_V

Joey_V

Second Unit

• 354 posts

Posted March 01 2005 - 03:38 PM

Yeah, I get where you're coming from, too. However, I just cant deal too well with asymmetry... Posted Image .

Martin Logan + Rotel =
Martin Logans rock!!!