What's new

The New SVS Enclosure Pics Are Up! (2 Viewers)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
The Walnut doesn't blow me away.. It doesn't look so hot in that picture to me.

The rest look rather amazing. The Rosewood is likely what I'd get.

Joey_V

Second Unit
DANG... the piano black looks like the one for me! I mean.. if I had the cash, I mean... ah forget it. Time to just look and drool. ;)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Well one thing we can be sure of is, the pics never truly convey the quality of the actual product.

I like the PGB,Cherry and the Rosewood myself. The Cherry is what I'm going with though. Thats definitely one big block of Cherry to look at;)

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
I still like my old timer; fine textured black. . . . It just kinda disappears over in its corner till called upon; going by sound alone you would never find her. . . Rest assured she will carry the mail . . .

Ilkka R

Second Unit
Real Name
Ilkka
Somehow they doesn't look as good as the old ones. :frowning:
Only the piano black stands out.

For example look at this beayty!

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I sure wish they would make an Oak model.. might make me want to step up from my PB2+ in the famous black. but its in the corner and really not all that noticable. Getting the real wood might make it more noticable and compete with my Oak Rockets which unless they matched exactly would not be a good thing.

KeithY

Stunt Coordinator

Maybe if you ask real nice......

My white oak PB12/ultra2

The new boxes are too contemporary looking for my taste.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Thanks for the feedback guys. Of course it's not like the old subs all of a sudden look less gorgeous. They will remain what put us on the premium sub map.

But having seen all the old cabinets and compared them to the new ones, I can tell you they are a step up in terms of detail and richness. Gone are the "reveals" (never shot properly in the old PB12-Plus cabinet Ilkka put up). The main reason for this is that these are specific wood veneers with little stain treatment. Rosewood is rosewood, cherry is cherry, etc. The previous models were all stained high-quality maple.

So "White Oak" was really "oak stain on maple". If there is enough demand for oak, or real simulated Indian beaver skin for that matter, we'll look to add that ;^). If we have a slow seller it might be replaced by a "flavor of the quarter" perhaps.

As good as the photographs are, I concur that no picture can really do a product like this justice. I've seen the best cabinets in the world (Theil, Legacy, Wilson all come to mind) and these are easily on par with any of them.

Credit the rather elegant design, untold hours of fine tuning fit and finish by the R/D staff, and the "no holds barred" approach to quality on behalf of our new supplier Sound Art China (run by Mark Schifter).

The quality of our Ohio-built cabinets was good. Very, VERY good. The cabinets pictured are better by a good margin. The fact we can sell them for less than the "old" cabinets makes the transition something of a no-brainer. Of course any time we make any change we ensure that's the direction we go. No matter if it's a cabinet, a box, or a bolt.

Better (at the same cost). Less expensive (but just as good). One or the other is a must. Both? A slam dunk. Win/win. Take your pick.

Ron

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Ken,

Sure, we'll get right on it. First we have to catch up to all the requests for real simulated Indian beaver skin ;^)

Ron

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
My wife is kind of partial to Cherry along with myself, but if you say Beaver is in Ron, maybe it's worth jumping on the band-wagon? I might need to change my order?

Will you be switching over to Beaver with your T-shirts also?;)

Seriously though> "But having seen all the old cabinets and compared them to the new ones, I can tell you they are a step up in terms of detail and richness."

This will be my first wood veneer from you Ron, so I'm especially looking forward to it.

Ilkka R

Second Unit
Real Name
Ilkka
steve nn, are you ordering a new Ultra/2? I thought you already have one...? And Maestro coming too. :D

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Sweet! That'll be one big, scary piece of pelt!

Absolutely hilarious:laugh:

steve nn, are you ordering a new Ultra/2? I thought you already have one...?
__________________________________________________ ____

Well actually I do Ilkka, but due to a fault in the texture, I'm able to ship it back and pay the difference Plus shipping. I might get charged a hassle fee/tax also on top of it all :confused: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks