What's new

Mad About You - The Collection... I wish there were more like this (1 Viewer)

David Levy

Stunt Coordinator
Finally got done watching my new Mad About You collection, and I must say, it's perfect.

So perfect in fact, that I wish there were more shows released like this. For instance, i'm a fan of Frasier, but buying the whole 11 seasons is expensive and i'm not all that interested in owning them all. However, a 4 disc collection I would certainly be all over. Same could be said for shows like Happy Days, Larry Sanders or Married With Children; where the story arcs are broad to say the least.

I know many people here are season sets or die, but I thought this was a great idea when I first heard about it, and watching it has only confirmed this. Not to mention that buying a 'best of' vs the 7(?) seasons of Mad About You has saved me somewhere in the region of $150.

Are there plans to release more like this? What do you guys think of them?

MattHR

Screenwriter
As far as "Mad About You", I agree. I bought seasons 1 & 2, then decided I'd probably not buy all remaining seasons. I enjoy the show, but it's doubtful I'd rewatch them as much as some other shows. I sold my seasons 1 & 2, then bought the "collection". This sampling of "best of" episodes, combined with reruns on TV, is good enough for me.

However, for completists and fans of the show, I do hope they continue to release the remaining full seasons, although it seems rather doubtful at this point.

I guess we all hope that our favorite shows will be released in full season sets, while giving little thought to other shows that don't interest us. That's quite evident by some of the threads here.

In a perfect world, the studios would release full season sets for collectors and "best of" compilations for the more casual fan. The music industry has been doing this forever with "greatest hits" albums.

John McM

Second Unit
well, what I dislike about the collection is that it contained a lot of season 1 and 2 episodes that FANS ALREADY OWN, they should've cut out those episodes and contained more season 3-7 episodes that aren't readily available to fans.

Buddy I

Agent
I am one of those completist that Matt mentioned. When I bought S1/2 I figured that entire run would be released. I mean, why not finish what you started? But, when I heard that MAY DVDs are in jeopardy, I knew that I had to buy this collection. I would even if it wasn't in jeopardy. Hopefully, the remaining seasons will be released, but I wonder when we'll find that out.

Buddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks