What's new

Another Deal time from Infocus (1 Viewer)

RaymondSteiner

Stunt Coordinator
Do you remember the good deals that appear before the SuperBowl?, i think they are coming back!!, mainly because Circuit City Online has the 4805 at 1199 (I receive a back in stock notification today)!!

The only sad thing is that , as the SuperBowl sale, this one will only last from February 20 to February 26... I for myself have been saving, but for the moment my budget is at the max, but as soon as i can i will buy one!! (I hope the sponsors could come with an equal / better deal!)

Kin

Agent
While the special pricing did end, the rebate is still good for the 76" screen and the free s-video cable. Go ahead and give us a call and we can discuss pricing on the projector.

1(888)286-5353 Ext 522

Pat Frank

Stunt Coordinator
We've actually talked about that here before, but I don't know if you'd be able to find that info with a search; it's probably pretty well buried in one of the 4805 threads.

It's a manual pull-down screen that measures 76" diagonally when pulled down to about a 16:9 format (you can, of course, not pull it down as far if you want to properly frame 2.35:1 movies). The actual horizontal width is (pops into the other room for a moment with a tape measure) 66", plus an inch of black border on the sides.

It's labelled as an "Infocus HW-HTSCREEN76" screen, which could mean anything, but I believe previous posters suggested that it's probably a DaLite with a mundane surface and a gain of around 1.0. I have a flat white paint on the wall behind it and the screen is only a hair brighter if any (but contrast and general image quality seem much improved to my inexperienced eye).

Aside from that, all I can tell you personally is that the surface looks like standard screen material like I used to see on projector screens back in high school. (shrug)

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
It actually is a pretty decent and well made screen for the money.....FREE ;). It does have the black border around it as mentioned but it has no border on the top where the little extra screen material is. I thought that was pretty lame. It is pretty heavy duty and weighs 15 pounds....although I think it is more than that. It is actually made by Draper. It says Infocus with the other stuff under it that Pat said but it is manufactored by Draper. I actually spoke to Draper about that one. The S vid cable that it comes with is decent too but I would al least send it a component signal.

RaymondSteiner

Stunt Coordinator
This projector is selling like cake!!, it's sold out AGAIN on circuit city (it last what, like 2 days only?)... Todd, you're right the best deal so far has been the costco/TV Authority 1 week deal... I hope you get it at that time...

For me i will be saving, and as soon as i can, i will get it, i assure you...

(by the way, now they list the projector at 1149, but paying 1299 and send a rebate note, but of course, it don't work if it's sold out... Right now the best deal is the TV Authority Deal, i think...)

DonRC

Stunt Coordinator
I was at Costco yesterday, and it was still $1199, with screen included.

FWIW...

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
The $1199 price at Costco is their normal "member" price. Not a rebate promotion. If the TV Authority deal is better than I would get it throught them. I have never done business with them but I would not hesitate to as I have heard great things about them. Plus they are a forum sponcer.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Give Kin, Kirk Punches, Neil or Jason a call at TV Authority and they will work you out a great deal on the projector, screen, etc. They just can't mention the price on the forum due to restrictions from Infocus. Believe me they will beat any deal you get and they are an Authorized Infocus dealer. Give them a call you will be happy that you did.

Parker

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I just bought from TV Authority when they had the Superbowl thing. Their service was great! Another vote for giving them a call.

Travis_R

Stunt Coordinator
Sams Club has em for 1'188.00 and has for a while, dont think they have a screen included though, I dont even think I would use that screen anyways

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
TV Authority will beat the Costco price including a screen and cable. And they give you your rebates up front instead of having to send them in. Give them a call.

Parker

RaymondSteiner

Stunt Coordinator
It's good to hear that Parker, if the price is the same but one of them supports our forum , well, the decision is clear...

Also i hear there has been an article in Nytimes about projectors (with the 4805), anyone has links to it?

DonRC

Stunt Coordinator
It's not just about the 4805, although the 4805 is part of the story. You can see it on the New York Times web site here.

Don

Kin

Agent
James,
The 4805 $999 deal ended around Super Bowl time. There are some good deals going on, though. Go ahead and give me a call, and I can explain them for you. Because we are an authorized InFocus dealer, we can't post prices other than MSRP online.

1(888)286-5353 Ext 522
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks