-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

need advice on this projector

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 allan espinoza

allan espinoza

Stunt Coordinator

• 210 posts

Posted February 20 2005 - 02:40 PM

Well, here is the deal, my dad has this projector lying around that he is not using and said to me if I want to use it and well, it is basically free. How do you think this projector would do for dvd and hdtv and what kinda of screen i would use? The projector I was originally going to purchase is either the sanyo z3 or the panasonic 700. The projector I can get is a 3m mp8775i so any advice is most appreciated. thanks

#2 of 4 PeterMano

PeterMano

Stunt Coordinator

• 182 posts

Posted February 20 2005 - 03:22 PM

Well, here are the specs on your projector.

http://www.projector.../3M-MP8775i.htm

This doesn't seem very well suited for home theater. Lots of lumens and low contrast. Quite loud from the sheet as well. 40db is quite noisy.

You could try it out, but I don't think you'll care much for the results.

#3 of 4 allan espinoza

allan espinoza

Stunt Coordinator

• 210 posts

Posted February 20 2005 - 08:15 PM

yea, I just figured, hey its free, but I was concerned with the contrast and noise as well. My dad used to use this projector for meetings awhile back and he basically just has this stored in his closet, but hey thanks for the tip.

#4 of 4 DonRC

DonRC

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted February 22 2005 - 10:24 AM

For that price, it's a fabulous projector. Posted Image

Having said that, in order to get an acceptable experience from it, I'd think you'd have to use a very high contrast screen and perhaps build a hushbox around it for the noise?

Then again, what do I know? I haven't even finished my HT yet... Posted Image
Don
Professional Geek
Home Theater Novice