Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

good online home theater store

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 Dave Cukina

Dave Cukina

Stunt Coordinator

• 83 posts

Posted February 08 2005 - 07:31 AM

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this but I'm looking for a list of good online retailers that specialize in selling home theater products. I want to be able to look at a list and check out the different stores. I looked at bizrate but that just gives me a list of products..so i guess I want something similar but instead of choosing a product i want to be able to choose a retailer.

if anyone could help that would be great.

Dave

#2 of 9 KenLeBlanc

KenLeBlanc

Stunt Coordinator

• 117 posts

Posted February 08 2005 - 09:33 AM

I wish there were more online retailers that shipped to Canada Posted Image

Good luck with your search.

#3 of 9 Charlie Campisi

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted February 09 2005 - 02:17 AM

There isn't an easy answer to your question because most online retailers specialize in one category of equipment (displays, electronics, speakers, subs, etc.) or even in one brand of one category of equipment. Your question is really too broad to get a whole lot of responsive answers. You could try looking yourself at the retailers that buy banner space at the top of the forum page or over at the other forum.

#4 of 9 GregSc

GregSc

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted February 09 2005 - 09:02 AM

There is no good site except the authorized distrubitors like Crutchfield or even Best Buy and Circuit City sites. They might not give you the best price but you will be able to find them if something is wrong with the purchase so they can replace it or refund you, basically your paying for customer service which most people forget about when buying a product online. All these companies that are selling the product so cheap are making it very difficult for small buisness to exist and make a living, but thats a whole different issue.

#5 of 9 Ryan Leemhuis

Ryan Leemhuis

Second Unit

• 490 posts

Posted February 09 2005 - 09:54 AM

I like crutchfield because of how easy it is to get specs and pictures of the product online. Makes it easy to see what you are going to get

#6 of 9 JasonSTR

JasonSTR

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted February 10 2005 - 10:06 PM

I like crutchfield for the sam reasons ryan Posted Image

#7 of 9 Elmer Millikan

Elmer Millikan

Agent

• 49 posts

Posted February 21 2005 - 01:56 PM

What is it that you are looking for?

#8 of 9 Tom*T

Tom*T

Agent

• 31 posts

Posted February 22 2005 - 01:28 AM

I purchased my receiver and speakers from http://www.jr.com (J&R). Good prices and reliable. I also heard vanns.com is good.

#9 of 9 Paul-D

Paul-D

Stunt Coordinator

• 130 posts

Posted February 22 2005 - 02:14 AM

You can also look at this forum thread and find just about anything. Thanks to Glenise, he's done a lot of homework.

Good luck