What's new

hdtv antenna? (1 Viewer)

MattLH

Auditioning
Start here:

www antennaweb org

That will help you narrow your focus.

I have a ChannelMaster . Mounted with a rotor and an external signal amplifier, it works great at pulling in HDTV signals from towers up to 50 miles away.

People have also had much success with Radio Shack antennae. I've heard second-hand recommendations against Terk.

Good luck,

Matt

Tsutomu Ohno

Auditioning
I have the Square Shooter and it works great for me. About the size of a pizza box, so it is very easy to mount with the supplied mounting bolts. Get very good signal strength for my location.

Tsutomu

Tsutomu Ohno

Auditioning
I Froogle on the Google site and there were several online places selling it. I don't remember where I got it, but it was around a $100 last summer.

Tsutomu

BrianSimmons

Auditioning
I would check out some of the UHF antennas out there before buying a Square Shooter. Look at the Channel Master 4221A 4 Bay model or the 8 bay CM 4228A if you are trying to pull in distant signals. You can find them for good prices at warrenelectronics.com. They also have great prices on preamps (like the CM 7777) and rotors if you think you will need those as well.

PS - they also have the Square Shooter for sale at Warrens ($89 for nonamplified and $110 for the amplified version). But a CM 4221A 4 Bay antenna and preamp (CM7777) is a better solution IMHO and will cost about the same as the unamplified Square Shooter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks