Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Regent HT-391 HTIB from WalMart

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   nickMahler

nickMahler

Agent

• 42 posts

Posted December 28 2004 - 10:33 AM

hey have any of yall listened to the Regent HT-391 Home Theater in a box from Wal-Mart? we bought one for the family room since our RPTV echoed real bad using the tv speakers in a room with no curtains yet. it was only $39 and has a sub and amplifier putting out 140 watts in Pro-Logic II. it has 5 satellite speakers that are in silver and its all color coded for easy setup. also it comes with a wire to connect to a computer. pretty dang good for $39 and it must be a pretty hot seller because walmart.com is sold out and they dont have ETA on anymore so if your looking for a good cheap surround sound system i would look at this one and if you want dolby digital inputs then get the $59 Durabrand it has optical inputs. SSeeya nick

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   nickMahler

nickMahler

Agent

• 42 posts

Posted December 28 2004 - 10:35 AM

Walmart.com Link heres the link

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Robert Cowan

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor

• 504 posts

Posted December 28 2004 - 03:19 PM

you MUST be kidding... but for that price, might as well just crack it open and see for yourself. i wouldnt expect a "OMG, this thing beats my $5k system" reply.

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   nickMahler

nickMahler

Agent

• 42 posts

Posted December 29 2004 - 01:20 AM

there are some other forums that are talking about it. it sounds pretty decent for $40. i think the big reason it doesnt cost as much is because walmart didnt pay for the dolby license/trademark but it does pro-logic II without a problem and sounds good too. you can adjust the bass level, surround level and center level from the remote control. it would work good for a computer swtup too.

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   greg baker

greg baker

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted December 29 2004 - 11:26 AM

I think it is every bit as good as the offerings from okia, ankia, and the well respected XOI Audio Posted Image

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   steve nn

steve nn

Screenwriter

• 2,420 posts

Posted December 29 2004 - 11:53 AM

I think I better order one. Very exciting indeed.:b

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   nickMahler

nickMahler

Agent

• 42 posts

Posted December 29 2004 - 12:22 PM

i just bought another for my bedroom. they arent going to sound like a reference system or anything but $40 is hard to pass up and there has been some guys that have replaced the satellites with some better quality speakers and it sounds even better it has an 8" sub that is powered by a 100watt amp. SSeeya

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   NickSo

NickSo

Producer

• 4,274 posts

Posted December 29 2004 - 12:48 PM

Who says I CAN'T get multichannel audio while sitting on the crapper?

I can see it now... Posted Image

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   Geoff L

Geoff L

Screenwriter

• 1,702 posts

Posted December 29 2004 - 05:42 PM

Ones first impression from the first post would be, $40.00, it's got be totaly utter junk.

While it surley is not going to surpase what most have for a HT system, but ~{this is a pefect example of people judging something knowing nothing about it}~ aside from a personal post and link.

If you have not heard it, owned it, than why dish on it or be a smarty pants about it.

Just a refeclction of what happens way to often at forums with products from a couple bucks to whatever/K. People go after it in some way, shape, or form,,,, and (have never even heard it).!

Pathtic & rude IMO...Posted Image

It certainly may be just that, near junk, but it could well forceed it's tiny 40.00 price tag and be something someone could actually use some where in their home due to many reasons/factors. From thats their budget, to wanting something small & cheap to fill a potty room,,,, as a joke allude to above.

Ain't no Krell, Argon, etc for damn sure! But one should hear & see it before beating on it or them as 2 different units where mentioned.

My 2¢
~{ Speak of what you know, listen to what you don't.! }~  

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   Max F

Max F

Second Unit

• 250 posts

Posted December 30 2004 - 01:06 AM

I would say that $40 is well below the point of diminishing returns for most of us. But if that is enough for you, your a lucky man. Posted Image

I did get a chuckle reading this though. I don't think anyone meant any harm.

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   Robert Cowan

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor

• 504 posts

Posted December 30 2004 - 03:58 PM

Geoff, there was more to my post than you think. i love high end audio, and i like having a great sounding system. i love sacd and dvd-audio. but the formats are bound to fail and are doomed because products like those exist. anyone who is interested in "surround sound on the can", or a bedroom system, etc... isnt after high quality recordings, great soundstaging, imaging, etc... the audio industry is going in the gutter, and its getting harder and harder to find GOOD sounding cds these days because no one cares about good audio anymore.

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   kodiak57

kodiak57

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted November 14 2011 - 08:21 AM

I have had one of these systems since 1994. Still sounds and works great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users