What's new

Regent HT-391 HTIB from WalMart (1 Viewer)

nickMahler

Agent
hey have any of yall listened to the Regent HT-391 Home Theater in a box from Wal-Mart? we bought one for the family room since our RPTV echoed real bad using the tv speakers in a room with no curtains yet. it was only $39 and has a sub and amplifier putting out 140 watts in Pro-Logic II. it has 5 satellite speakers that are in silver and its all color coded for easy setup. also it comes with a wire to connect to a computer. pretty dang good for $39 and it must be a pretty hot seller because walmart.com is sold out and they dont have ETA on anymore so if your looking for a good cheap surround sound system i would look at this one and if you want dolby digital inputs then get the $59 Durabrand it has optical inputs. SSeeya

nick

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
you MUST be kidding...

but for that price, might as well just crack it open and see for yourself. i wouldnt expect a "OMG, this thing beats my $5k system" reply.

nickMahler

Agent
there are some other forums that are talking about it. it sounds pretty decent for $40. i think the big reason it doesnt cost as much is because walmart didnt pay for the dolby license/trademark but it does pro-logic II without a problem and sounds good too. you can adjust the bass level, surround level and center level from the remote control. it would work good for a computer swtup too.

greg baker

Stunt Coordinator
I think it is every bit as good as the offerings from okia, ankia, and the well respected XOI Audio ;)

nickMahler

Agent
i just bought another for my bedroom. they arent going to sound like a reference system or anything but $40 is hard to pass up and there has been some guys that have replaced the satellites with some better quality speakers and it sounds even better it has an 8" sub that is powered by a 100watt amp. SSeeya

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Who says I CAN'T get multichannel audio while sitting on the crapper?

I can see it now... :D

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Ones first impression from the first post would be, $40.00, it's got be totaly utter junk.

While it surley is not going to surpase what most have for a HT system, but ~{this is a pefect example of people judging something knowing nothing about it}~ aside from a personal post and link.

If you have not heard it, owned it, than why dish on it or be a smarty pants about it.

Just a refeclction of what happens way to often at forums with products from a couple bucks to whatever/K. People go after it in some way, shape, or form,,,, and (have never even heard it).!

Pathtic & rude IMO...:frowning:

It certainly may be just that, near junk, but it could well forceed it's tiny 40.00 price tag and be something someone could actually use some where in their home due to many reasons/factors. From thats their budget, to wanting something small & cheap to fill a potty room,,,, as a joke allude to above.

Ain't no Krell, Argon, etc for damn sure! But one should hear & see it before beating on it or them as 2 different units where mentioned.

My 2¢

Max F

Second Unit
I would say that $40 is well below the point of diminishing returns for most of us. But if that is enough for you, your a lucky man. :emoji_thumbsup:

I did get a chuckle reading this though. I don't think anyone meant any harm.

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
Geoff,

there was more to my post than you think.

i love high end audio, and i like having a great sounding system. i love sacd and dvd-audio. but the formats are bound to fail and are doomed because products like those exist. anyone who is interested in "surround sound on the can", or a bedroom system, etc... isnt after high quality recordings, great soundstaging, imaging, etc...

the audio industry is going in the gutter, and its getting harder and harder to find GOOD sounding cds these days because no one cares about good audio anymore.

Limousine1968

Auditioning
Real Name
Mojo
hey have any of yall listened to the Regent HT-391 Home Theater in a box from Wal-Mart? we bought one for the family room since our RPTV echoed real bad using the tv speakers in a room with no curtains yet. it was only $39 and has a sub and amplifier putting out 140 watts in Pro-Logic II. it has 5 satellite speakers that are in silver and its all color coded for easy setup. also it comes with a wire to connect to a computer. pretty dang good for $39 and it must be a pretty hot seller because walmart.com is sold out and they dont have ETA on anymore so if your looking for a good cheap surround sound system i would look at this one and if you want dolby digital inputs then get the $59 Durabrand it has optical inputs. SSeeya

nick
I've had one of these for years and it still sounds great. It has to be connected just right to give you Dolby 5.1, but once it's done it sounds fantastic. I have moved it to multiple flat screens. Keep in mind it doesn't have optical input, but a low-cost adapter takes care of that.

Lately though, I have been having a problem with the remote freezing and the base unit has to be powered off and bled to get it to restart the Mobo. Any idea for a fix for this?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks