-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Warranty Help!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 JohnClayton

JohnClayton

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted November 09 2004 - 07:05 AM

Hello All -

About 1.5 months ago I purchased a Toshiba HIGHDEF television from BestBuy for about 900.00. I opted against the extended warranty at the time, but have rethought this and decided I might like to have one. I called Best Buy and they will no longer offer one to me because it has been over 30 days.

Does anyone know of any GOOD or REPUTABLE extended service plan companies I might be able to contact that will sell me one.

I am looking for a company who is for real, one that pays, and one who is basically no hassle.

I saw one called REPAIRMASTER online, does anyone know anything about REPAIRMASTER?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
John

ps: what should I do?

#2 of 3 Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt

Producer

• 4,207 posts

Posted November 09 2004 - 10:02 AM

I don't think that you are going to get one this late in the game.

IMO, if you have some 'bad' part(s), they will show up before the first year is out. I had a Tobshiba once that did that in 10 months. 5 years after that, and stil no problems.

Glenn

#3 of 3 EricCr

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator

• 150 posts

Posted November 10 2004 - 12:51 AM

Check in the papers that came with the tv. I think that Toshiba has an extended warranty they offer directly through them that is not all that pricy considering that repair costs on HD sets can be costly from what I have read.