What's new

Home Movies Season 1!!!! (1 Viewer)

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
Very Excited about this:

Home Movies Season 1 on 11/16/04. It's right around the corner!

Region 1
Keep Case
3-Disc Set

Disc 1 - Season One:

Additional Release Material:
Audio Commentary - 1. Lauren Bouchard - Co-Creator/Executive Producer, Brendon Small - Voice, Jon Benjamin - Voice
Production Interviews - 1. Lauren Bouchard - Co-Creator/Executive Producer
Featurettes - 1. THE THOR VAN CLEMSON ADVANCED FAST HAND FINGER WIZARD MASTER CLASS
Text/Image Galleries:
Animation Gallery

Disc 2 - Season 2:

Audio Commentary - 1. Lauren Bouchard - Co-Creator/Executive Producer, Brendon Small - Voice, Jon Benjamin - Voice
Production Interviews - 1. Brendon Small - Voice
Featurettes - 1. ANIMATICS
2. BABY PRANKS
Text/Image Galleries:
Animation Gallery

Disc 3 - Season 3:

Additional Release Material:
Production Interviews - 1. Jon Benjamin - Voice
2. Lauren Bouchard - Co-Creator/Executive Producer, Brendon Small - Voice, Jon Benjamin - Voice
Featurettes - 1. ANIMATICS
Text/Image Galleries:
Animation Gallery

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
I think it's you and me Justin. We are alone in the world on this show. Hopefully they come out with a season 2, or we'll be posting this in the "Incomplete Shows" thread.

MichaelGH

Stunt Coordinator
I can't wait for this set to come out. Very much love this show and I'm sure the dvds will get a lot of wear and tear;)

Michael

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit
You guys are, most definitely, not alone. I suspect that this show has a considerable cult following (a contradiction in terms?) I think I've seen most of these episodes and may purchase the set if I can find a decent price.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Absolutely not, look at Family Guy. Not enough people to keep it on regular TV for whatever reason, whether they didn't know it existed (i.e. poor marketing) or its timeslot was screwed with means that it never had time to build a base, but when it went into a secondary market it flourished. That's what Adult Swim did for this brilliant piece of comedy. A lot of people were mad when it got pulled for Family Guy, and I have a feeling Shout! is going to get them to buy this set.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

I think he was just pointing out that a cult following is small by definition, but I agree with both of you guys. I love the show and will definitely be picking it up.

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
well, the show has a great following, but it is a rather small one. Don't get me wrong, i loved this show and intend to buy every set of it. However, i've heard just as many people say its "slow" or they just simply don't get it. Thank goodness they are putting what looks to be a solid season set out!:emoji_thumbsup:

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Yah, but I don't think that's any different than Sealab or ATHF, and they're being released. I'm not worried.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
The fans that the show has (the Adult Swim regulars as well as a lot of kids) represent a major DVD-buying demographic. A far cry from those who, let's say, are fans of "Mister Ed".

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit
I just finished watching the episodes plus some of the special features. A few impressions:

The show's subtle, self-deprecatory humor is wonderful. I hadn't seen all of these episodes, so there were some fun surprises for me.

The extras were OK, not extraordinary. The two short (live-action) films were clever and funny. The interviews were a bit repetitive, with some good anecdotes sprinkled in. The people involved with the show seemed genuinely funny and enthusiastic, but this enthusiasm made the commentary track I listened to (the first episode) a cacophonous mess. I haven't listened to any of the others, so maybe they're better. I only glanced at the animatics and they seemed similar to those found on "The Simpsons" and "Futurama" sets.

The AV quality was very good. One of the joys of this format is discovering freeze-frame gags and I came across a few. In one instance I even noticed what looked like the remnants of a mouse cursor that hadn't been edited out.

I found the packaging to be top-notch, which is not surprising considering it was produced by Shout Factory.

A not so hidden easter egg can be found on the main menu of each disc, by clicking on the Shout Factory logo. The "egg" is a minute-long promo for Freaks and Geeks. Kind of made me want to pop one the discs in.

For anyone who's on the fence about buying this set, I think it's worth a shot. I got it for $22.99 at Target and it's even cheaper at DDD.

Anyone else start in on this yet? Opinions?

Matty P

Stunt Coordinator
a quick bump to mention that rumor has it you can grab this set for $16.99 @ FYE right now, have to check this out tonight!

-matt

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
That's totally worth it. I got mine for xmas.

This show totally grows on you given the chance. I didn't care much for it on UPN but after a season on Cartoon netwrok my wife and I were hooked. We're going through the set a second time now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks