Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

CBS in Chicago....I didn't know!!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Jesus J

Jesus J

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted February 07 2001 - 04:45 PM

I was told that CBS didn't have a antennae for its digital broadcast here in Chicago. When I heard that I thought...man, the station with the most HD...I can' get??!!

Well, after reading a few posts at the avsforum...I found out that AT&T cable carries the CBS digital feed!!!

I tried it and lo and behold...IT WORKED!!!

Needless to say, I am one happy hombre!!!!

I just bought my DTC-100 yesterday and I experienced the Tonight Show and tomorrow I will be watching some CBS HD!!!!

These forums are AWESOME!!

Jesus J

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Rob Katofiasc

Rob Katofiasc

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted February 07 2001 - 04:56 PM

I called AT&T and they told me they where NOT carring CBS in HDTV. Do you have to order AT&T digital to get it? I live lakeview just north of the city.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Brian M Kuss

Brian M Kuss

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted February 08 2001 - 12:59 PM

"Well, after reading a few posts at the avsforum...I found out that AT&T cable carries the CBS digital feed!!!"

That's really kinda misleading . . . Only selected suburbs can get this feed - I know I can't get it Posted Image and I believe the channel it's on varies from city to city.

If you are one of the lucky few who live in one of these "selected locations" you should just be able to get the channel on basic cable (no digital sub. required).

This has been discussed to death over at AVS and I know if you search their archives you can find a list of cities and channels.

BTW - I just have to say this in case my buddy FrankS drops by in this thread Posted Image "WBBM RUNNING THIS FEED THROUGH AT&T CABLE IS NOT A PERMANENT SOLUTION TO THE CBS PROBLEM IN CHICAGO! EVERYONE IN THE CHICAGO AREA SHOULD BE ABLE TO RECEIVE CBS OTA! WE NEED TO KEEP PRESSURING WBBM, CBS AND THE FCC TO FIX THIS THE RIGHT WAY!" Ok, I'm off my soapbox now Posted Image

Brian

------------------
My HT Website | My Equipment List

My HT Website | My Equipment List

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Rob Katof

Rob Katof

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted February 09 2001 - 05:28 AM

How can I contact WBBM, CBS AND THE FCC to complain?

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Jim_R

Jim_R

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted February 12 2001 - 03:22 AM

Rob,

You should get the HD feed from basic cable, digital cable is not required. Lakeview does have access to the feed.

Brian,

I agree with your position that the CBS feed should be OTA. I for one couldn't be happier that they found an interim solution that gets me the HD feed. I have read that there is work in progress on building the suburban tower to broadcast HD OTA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users