What's new

CBS in Chicago....I didn't know!! (1 Viewer)

Jesus J

Auditioning
I was told that CBS didn't have a antennae for its digital broadcast here in Chicago. When I heard that I thought...man, the station with the most HD...I can' get??!!
Well, after reading a few posts at the avsforum...I found out that AT&T cable carries the CBS digital feed!!!
I tried it and lo and behold...IT WORKED!!!
Needless to say, I am one happy hombre!!!!
I just bought my DTC-100 yesterday and I experienced the Tonight Show and tomorrow I will be watching some CBS HD!!!!
These forums are AWESOME!!
Jesus J

Rob Katofiasc

Auditioning
I called AT&T and they told me they where NOT carring CBS in HDTV. Do you have to order AT&T digital to get it? I live lakeview just north of the city.

Brian M Kuss

Auditioning
"Well, after reading a few posts at the avsforum...I found out that AT&T cable carries the CBS digital feed!!!"
That's really kinda misleading . . . Only selected suburbs can get this feed - I know I can't get it
frown.gif
and I believe the channel it's on varies from city to city.
If you are one of the lucky few who live in one of these "selected locations" you should just be able to get the channel on basic cable (no digital sub. required).
This has been discussed to death over at AVS and I know if you search their archives you can find a list of cities and channels.
BTW - I just have to say this in case my buddy FrankS drops by in this thread
wink.gif
"WBBM RUNNING THIS FEED THROUGH AT&T CABLE IS NOT A PERMANENT SOLUTION TO THE CBS PROBLEM IN CHICAGO! EVERYONE IN THE CHICAGO AREA SHOULD BE ABLE TO RECEIVE CBS OTA! WE NEED TO KEEP PRESSURING WBBM, CBS AND THE FCC TO FIX THIS THE RIGHT WAY!" Ok, I'm off my soapbox now :)
Brian
------------------
My HT Website | My Equipment List

Jim_R

Auditioning
Rob,
You should get the HD feed from basic cable, digital cable is not required. Lakeview does have access to the feed.
Brian,
I agree with your position that the CBS feed should be OTA. I for one couldn't be happier that they found an interim solution that gets me the HD feed. I have read that there is work in progress on building the suburban tower to broadcast HD OTA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks