Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

When are We going to see a Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea DVD Release?!!!!!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1880 replies to this topic

#1801 of 1881 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,153 posts
  • LocationSunny Central Florida

Posted September 16 2013 - 01:20 PM

Gee, do you think that when they release Windows 8.1, it will mean that Admiral Nelson gets his own private porthole?

:)

Harry

My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

#1802 of 1881 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,139 posts

Posted September 16 2013 - 03:47 PM

I am sure he shall Harry!   Gary glad to hear from you!!  Get ready for our annual Christmas debate on the LIS Christmas episode LOL.  Oh are you guys buying the movie in blu-ray.  Harry you have that great new TV and I would be interested in how it looked. I still cannot get over how the upconverts of the first season look as good as the color episodes perhaps even better.  I never use my DVD player.  All of my movies tv show what have you are always played in blu-ray player.

• Gary OS likes this

#1803 of 1881 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,139 posts

Posted September 16 2013 - 06:25 PM

I love to tease Gary about the LIS Christmas episode.  I should explain about it.  I should call it the Peyton Place/Lost In Space Christmas episode.  The show uses both interior and exterior shots of the Peyton Place sets with a Christmas Tree right on one of the most used sets of Peyton Place.

I think this year I better give it a rest or my good friend Gary will knock down the Richard Basehart statue he has in his den that I helped pay for.

• Gary OS likes this

#1804 of 1881 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,582 posts

Posted September 16 2013 - 06:38 PM

I love to tease Gary about the LIS Christmas episode.  I should explain about it.  I should call it the Peyton Place/Lost In Space Christmas episode.  The show uses both interior and exterior shots of the Peyton Place sets with a Christmas Tree right on one of the most used sets of Peyton Place.

I think this year I better give it a rest or my good friend Gary will knock down the Richard Basehart statue he has in his den that I helped pay for.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark, you know good and well I'd never do anything to my Richard Basehart statue.  In fact, I just came out of my den after lighting some candles and bowing in a few moments of silence before my Basehart statue and custom-made David Hedison fathead.  :3dglasses:

Gary "will watch the LIS/PP Christmas episode again this year in honor of you, buddy" O. 

• Mark Collins likes this
"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#1805 of 1881 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,153 posts

Posted September 17 2013 - 04:41 AM

I believe that both LAND OF THE GIANTS and TIME TUNNEL also had episodes filmed in Peyton Place, right?

Harry

My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

#1806 of 1881 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,139 posts

Posted September 17 2013 - 09:52 AM

Gary you humble me. :)   Harry you are so right.  Peyton Place ended after the first season of Giants which had used more or of the sets than any other Irwin Allen Show.  The second season they went even further.  PP gone they just went for broke on Giants and I was able to see all my favorite PP sets except the Peyton House in beautiful upconvert DVD.

Voyage and Peyton Place were filmed side by side from what David wrote in the new Voyage book.  We now have the revised copy coming out plus the other new manual coming out on the interiors of Seaview.

Harry you forgot to tell me if you are buying the movie.  I wondered what Seaview would look like in 3D since you stated you were able to adjust it to view some of Mannix that way.

#1807 of 1881 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,153 posts

Posted September 18 2013 - 06:18 AM

Harry you forgot to tell me if you are buying the movie.  I wondered what Seaview would look like in 3D since you stated you were able to adjust it to view some of Mannix that way.

I'm not sure yet. The "Global Warming Edition" DVD looks pretty good upconverted. If I see a great price, I might spring for the Blu-ray.

The TV I have now does what it calls simulated 3-D. It'll take anything coming in on an HDMI input and try to simulate a 3-D image. It's pretty good, but it's not perfect.

Looking at a little bit of VOYAGE that way, there are some very effective scenes and some no so effective. The exterior views of Seaview tend to remain rather flat, since they were often filmed in a tank with not much around the ship to provide depth. Whenever it's seen going past a rock formation, you get a little sense of it being 3-D. There was also one neat shot near the opening credits with the Seaview shot from below, heading over the top of the credit words.

Inside the ship is a different matter and the control room looks great in simulated 3-D. You get a good sense of the profiles of the various equipment sticking out from the sides, and a better appreciation of the layout of the control room.

TIME TUNNEL looks great in this simulated 3-D too, as does LAND OF THE GIANTS. The constant shifts from over the top for the little people and from below for the giants is very effective with the 3-D effect on. I don't think I've tried LOST IN SPACE.

Harry

My DVD Collection

#1808 of 1881 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,139 posts

Posted October 04 2013 - 11:56 AM

Windows 8 Seaview has been a great deal of fun for me.  The 3rd viewing has given me the pleasure of looking at how this show was put out for a great deal of money back in 1964.

I also watched the 3 pilots and you can see where edits indeed took place until the final viewing.

I am 3 away from going into volume 2.  I also have been watching my favorite monster episodes becaue of the time of year.  The Mummy is one I always enjoy with music from The Day The Earth Stood Still and the Rains OF Ranchipuir

#1809 of 1881 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,139 posts

Posted October 08 2013 - 01:11 PM

Windows 8 Seaview out today in blu-ray!!  I am suppose to receive mine from Amazon on Thursday.  I cannot wait to see what Seaview will look like.

I have really enjoyed the 1st half of season 1.  I wanted to watch it because of the release today of Windows 8.  I think I shall keep on watching but because of Halloween will throw in my favorite monster episodes.  I do miss the flying sub while watching Windows 8.  Sub Sunk Here is great but there is more footage used here than just the movie footage as one book claims.  I am afraid Time Tunnel has suffered with all the Voyage watching but I intend to get back to it as soon as I finish up season 1 of Voyage.  I have several favorites coming up and I also want to watch them in broadcast order without skipping.

#1810 of 1881 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,139 posts

Posted October 09 2013 - 01:54 PM

Mass sell out on Voyage To The Bottom OF The Sea the Movie!!!!  Best Buy does carry 3 copies per store if you can find one that has not sold out for 20 bucks.  Walmart online SELLOUT!!!  I was just told this at my local Walmart and the clerk said she had never seen that happen.  Glad I have mine coming in the mail on Thursday.  Best Buy clerks were just standing around so they helped me look for their 3.  Sold out before I had made it to the store was all they could come up with.  The joke is on me and believe I am laughing because it is funny.

People know the show though.  I was surprised at that.  The young clerks in all the stores knew the show.  I really think Voyage is even more popular today than when I was a little kid watching it back in the 60s. 

Call ahead if you want it from your local BB and do not make my mistake.  Harry  it's Windows 8 B&W for me tonight.   

Gary my good friend pay respects for me tonight if you would in you den to Mr Basehart who really did with his acting place this show into TV history.

I just checked and Walmart is right out of stock

Edited by Mark Collins, October 09 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#1811 of 1881 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,139 posts

Posted October 09 2013 - 09:12 PM

I still cannot believe the response to the Voyage movie.  I contacted B&N and they told me they had 30 copies left in their warehouse.  People just keep saying you want the TV series and I keep repeating no the movie.  I sure hope it looks as great as the show does in my blu-ray player.  I pulled out my DVD of the movie just to watch the Seaview rise from the water.  I then had to go to a season 2 episode of Nelson and Sharkey after being shot down in the flying sub and a season 4 epsiode.

I still maintain Voyage would not be around without Richard Basehart.  He really acted that show into TV history.  I wish we had a  5th season because perhaps they would have gone back to the show I know Basehart enjoyed. 

Richard thanks for playing it straight season after season and I hope now you are getting some pleasure from seeing the show you acted in week after week no matter how crazy the plots give the present public such pleasure.  I just wish you were still around to listen to new and old fans talk about YOUR show.

Join the crew of the U.S.O.S. Seaview for the greatest submarine adventure ever filmed! Walter Pidgeon, Barbara Eden, Peter Lorre and Joan Fontaine head up an "excellent" (Motion Picture Herald) cast in this sci-fi spectacular "crammed with climax after exciting climax" (Los Angeles Times) and "thrills enough for everybody" (Limelight

Call me just a dumb crazy Voyage Fan but when I reread this I had to post Mr Baseharts comments.

Nothing irritates me more than actors who take all the money and then complain about how terribly limited TV is. That kind of talk only reflects on them.

I couldn't be a straight leading man. You've got to be bigger and prettier than I am.

[asked how "Hamlet" compared with "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" (1964)] With [William Shakespeare] there's more character than an actor can ever plumb. But there's no greater challenge than making something out of nothing.

Edited by Mark Collins, October 09 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#1812 of 1881 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,139 posts

Posted October 16 2013 - 06:53 AM

I am 10 episodes from finishing Windows 8 Seaview.  I also have beenwatching my favorite Halloween episodes from the 4 years of the show.  The Phantom and the Mummy are the ones I really enjoy along with Cave of the Dead.

Hope you LIS fans get your wish on new copies of the show.  I will not double dip on the show.  I put the Voyage movie on and then compared it to the condensed version.  Really the show looks blu-ray which did not surprise me.

#1813 of 1881 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,139 posts

Posted October 18 2013 - 07:28 AM

Finshed Windows 8 Seaview last night and so many great episodes.  The B&W episodes look so sharp and crisp that I can understand why LIS fans want better.  Monsters do show up right to the end of season.

Harry need your help on Secret of the Lock.  I saw the blue prints pasted on the wall of nose.  Can you give us a good look at them?  I saw the date July 3rd 1973 on them. I think that date was changed later in the color seasons but could be wrong. I have now watched the entire show 3 times with season 4 perhaps 4 or even 5 times.  Now I can settle back into my Halloween episodes of the show and return to watching Time Tunnel on Fridays and Voyage season 4 and Dark Shadows on Saturday nights. 

• Ockeghem likes this

#1814 of 1881 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,153 posts

Posted October 18 2013 - 11:26 AM

LochBlueprints.jpg

My DVD Collection

#1815 of 1881 OFFLINE   FrancisP

FrancisP

Screenwriter

• 1,115 posts

Posted October 18 2013 - 08:46 PM

The movie is on sale for $9.99 at Best Buy. Also the commentary notes that Hedison was aproached for the role of Crane on the movie but didn't like the script. I've always thought that was a excuse because Hedison had a bad time with Allen during the making of the Lost World and wanted nothing to do with him after that.

#1816 of 1881 OFFLINE   Scott511

Scott511

Stunt Coordinator

• 92 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted October 22 2013 - 09:03 AM

The movie is on sale for $9.99 at Best Buy. Also the commentary notes that Hedison was aproached for the role of Crane on the movie but didn't like the script. I've always thought that was a excuse because Hedison had a bad time with Allen during the making of the Lost World and wanted nothing to do with him after that.

Thanks for the Best Buy tip! I went right out and grabbed one of the last 2 on the shelf.

#1817 of 1881 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,139 posts

Posted October 23 2013 - 06:55 AM

Well into my Voyage classic monsters for Halloween shows.  Love the dialog between the cheif and Nelson when Nelson's ancestor come bace to haunt the Seaview.  The two part Werewof is rather good in it's own right.  The Mummy remains tops for me though! 

I may even include season ones first monster this year.  I had never thought until this year that the Creature From the Black Lagoon was the basis for The Thing From the Inner World episode or when it was used in the only non Richard Basehart episode in season 2.

I also came upon a great Gunsmoke episode in color where he plays a sea captain.  Forgive me if  i brought that up before.

Edited by Mark Collins, October 23 2013 - 07:01 AM.

#1818 of 1881 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,139 posts

Posted October 23 2013 - 10:12 PM

We had snow here so I decided to put on the Frost Men.  Harry  why was Chip was not on this episode do you know?

I enjoy Chip and think he never gets the credit he deserves.  The one thing about Voyage you can tell these guys enjoy working together.

Gary look forward to your Christmas show viewing of TV shows.  I always hope we get more shows added to the list.

Edited by Mark Collins, October 23 2013 - 10:25 PM.

• Gary OS likes this

#1819 of 1881 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,139 posts

Posted October 26 2013 - 01:23 PM

Tonight more Voyage monsters.  I rewatched the Mummy last night.  I love it!!!!!  I just love that episode and when Basehart looks right into the camera at us the viewers at the end and speaks his lines is I think my most favorite moment out of the entire series.  How Irwin let him get away with that I do not know but it just is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1820 of 1881 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,582 posts

Posted October 26 2013 - 04:39 PM

Gary look forward to your Christmas show viewing of TV shows.  I always hope we get more shows added to the list.

Coming soon, Mark.  :)

Gary "and of course VTTBOTS will be on the list" O.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users