Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Who's The Boss?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   LanieParker

LanieParker

Supporting Actor

• 735 posts

Posted June 07 2004 - 11:25 AM

I plan on picking this one up tomorrow at Best Buy. This was a show I watched from beginning to end when it originally aired. I wasn't thrilled with seasons 7 and 8, but I will get them when they are released.

Is there any info on what cast interviews are on the discs?

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   LindseyS

LindseyS

Stunt Coordinator

• 104 posts

Posted June 07 2004 - 12:58 PM

There are no cast interviews. According to reviews, those "featurettes" were simply snippets of season 1 episodes, featuring each character or theme. Pretty misleading, huh? I'm still thrilled to get it though, I've been waiting for this for the longest time.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Jaime_Weinman

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor

• 786 posts

Posted June 07 2004 - 02:03 PM

One thing that always surprises me about this show is how well-written it was. Or maybe I shouldn't be surprised, because the creators of the show were Martin Cohan, a former writer-producer of The Bob Newhart Show, and Blake Hunter, a writer-producer of WKRP in Cincinnati. This should have been a dopey formula show, but the scripts were solid and got laughs from characterization instead of bad jokes.

I wrote a bit more about this over here.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg

Lead Actor

• 9,209 posts

Posted June 07 2004 - 04:52 PM

I'll pick this up eventually I'm sure, but I've still got to get Frasier S3 and South Park S4 and Dick Van Dyke S5 first, as I like those shows better but this one is on my list.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Derek P

Derek P

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted June 08 2004 - 09:30 AM

I don't think I'll get this. Loved it as a kid but I don't really like it now.

But in looking for other DVDs today most of the stores were sold out of the few copies they had. Kinda hard to believe.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   LanieParker

LanieParker

Supporting Actor

• 735 posts

Posted June 09 2004 - 02:18 AM

I have checked every store here and no one seems to have a copy left. Best Buy said they sold out of this one on the first day. They had 10 sets. Circuit City only had 3 sets and they sold them all. FYI didn't even get them in. Coconuts had 2 copies adn sold them both. Actually the only place I haven't looked yet was Costco.

Posted Image