What's new

Another frustrating experience this time BEST BUY (1 Viewer)

RyanCai

Grip
Talk about bad luck this month first Blockbuster now BEST BUY.

OK, I hate BEST BUY. Yesterday i was trying to do one of their price match guarantee. This is my story, its kinda long......

I first called Best Buy & ask about their Price Match Guarantee policy. I asked them i saw these JBL speakers at Sears for $199. You guys have them for $349, will you guys match this, they says yeah just bring some proof like a flyer or something. I told them i don't think they have any flyers. They say then get a price quote from them. Ok, ill do that. Thanks. *hangs up*

I goto SEARS & i asked them can i get a price quote on these speakers, they said sure. So they wrote it in one of those Sears slip & put the price on it but is now $179. The guy also put his name & signs it with a number to call. I was like wow cool, i just save another $20.

So i go down to Best Buy & i goto the Home Theater Department, i want to get these JBL's here's the price quote from Sears. OK, let me just call SEARS to verify it, so he leaves me... its been twenty minutes & then another Best Buy guy comes & says can i help you with something. I told him i'm just waiting for a price match, he says oh your the guy trying to get the JBL's, the guy is having a problem getting in touch with a human at SEARS. Ok i'll just look around these TV's.... thirty minutes pass by now, so that's a total of 50 minutes. The guy told me he just got a hold of a human at sears, everything should be done soon. I said sure no problem, thirty minutes pass by & a different guy comes up to me & says Hey man what are you doing here. This is the guy that sold me a whole Athena set, with Yamaha receiver, & monster cables last month. Oh i'm just waiting, does it usually take this long, i've been waiting over an hour. It varies time to time. Then i see the guy going to the speaker section where the JBL's were. I go up to him & this woman is their with him. She tells me, we called SEARS & they say they have them on stock but we can't price match them. "WE WILL BE LOSING TOO MUCH MONEY""I CAN SELL IT TO YOU FOR $250"I told why would i want to pay $250 to you guys, when its $179 at SEARS "WELL YOU BETTER JUST BUY IT A SEARS THEN." I then told them, why did you make me wait over an hour to tell me that you can't make a price match because of the big difference in price? She tells me "I WAS OUT TO LUNCH FOR AN HOUR"

So i was pretty pissed off, i went directly to the so called Customer Service. I asked can i speak with a manager... What's this about... I've been waiting over an hour to do a price match guarantee & now they won't let me do it.... "IF IT TOOK OVER AN HOUR, ITS NOT OUR JOB TO PRICE MATCH FOR YOU"... Can i just talk to the manager.... He goes out back & then come back & tells me, did you talk to a lady with glassess... I said yes... Well that's our manager, whatever she says goes... Ok, do you guys have a complaint form... NOpe... Just call 1888BESTBUY

I was so pissed i went to SEARS to buy the speakers. I asked if BEST BUY called & he said yeah they call like 3 or 4 times. They spoke with me, another employee, & our manager. They were not satisfied on what we were telling them. I told them why do they have a price match guarantee if they can't honor it.

I go home, set up the speakers. AWESOME for $179.

I called 1888BESTBUY in the morning & told them my story. He tells me they will get a hold of my BEST BUY & see what's going on. Call back an 1hour or 2. So 2 hours pass by, i call up. I talk with a different guy on the phone, he says oh i see you spoke with Hector... Let me get him for you.. I ask Hector what is the situation. UH What situation.. i said i called earlier about the JBL speakers... Oh yeah uhh let me call them right now, please hold.....Maybe 5 minutes pass by they say they talk with the manager at my BEST BUY. The manager tells me they called 3 different SEARS & they check the internet & they never heard of your speakers. I told him i just bought it last night how can that be?.... I can't do nothing about sir, that's what they told me. It's kinda fishy the
guy was able to talk MY BEST BUY manager, The BEST BUY Manager was able to call 3 different SEARS stores & search the interent in 5 minutes. While it took them almost an hour & half yesterday to tell me they can't price match. I don't know which one is lying i think both.

I should be getting around $90 or so this month on that BEST BUY reward zone card. After i spend those i'll be done with best best buy. Well that's my horror story. Any comments or suggestions?

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
The Reward Zone program is not all that great if you start looking at BB's prices. To save $5 for every $125 spent comes out to a 4% savings. Not very impressive anymore. I would have purchased the speakers at Sears in the first place and avoided the hassle (and based on the experiences that HTF members have posted here, you KNOW it is gonna be a hassle!)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Same here. I never understand the mania to price match at a totally different store if you can simply buy the product from the source that's cheapest.

But, yeah...Best Buy sucks.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor

I think some places will match 110% of the price, so you do get that extra incentive to go back to BB or CC and get that price match

Paul

RyanCai

Grip
Well the reason why i wanted to price match was because they will give me %10 of the difference. That's around $18 that's another DVD. Not to mention that i would get 18,000 points on my reward card which would have given me an additional $10 credit for my current status. So that's $28 savings, i think that's worth the price match don't you think?

Plus i never had problems returning an item from BEST BUY. I'm not to sure about SEARS. Anyway, if they say they will beat every retail store price guarantee then they should honor it. That makes them liars for not doing so. No more business from our family.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Were the speakers being closed out at Sears? I am not aware of any store that will match closeout prices. I ask this because there is such a large price difference.

RyanCai

Grip
I asked the SEARS guy if these were clearance, they said no. The regular price for them is $199. It was just on sale for $179.99

The thing is BEST BUY even called SEARS to confirm this, they talk to the manager at SEARS & they just told me yeah "i talk to SEARS & they do have it in stock but we just can't price match, we will be losing too much money." I just want to know why they made me wait over an hour if they were not going to do it in the first place.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Ah, Best Buy's good old price match policy. I once had to jump through hoops to get them to price match a DVD in Target's flyer - $5 less than what BB was charging for it. They wouldn't do it for me, telling me the lowest they could go was the price they charge their employees (~$3 more than Target's ad). Finally after asking to speak to the manager, the employee talked to him on the phone for a few minutes, then got back to me and said "we'll do it for you this time, but won't do it again." Nice threat - good customer service.

So I'm not surprised your $100+ PM was so much of a problem.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Not after the scenario you described. My time's more valuable than that. After they made me wait about 15 minutes, I would have walked out and gone back to Sears.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks