What's new

Beetlejuice Cartoons on dvd (1 Viewer)

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know if there are plans to release this show on dvd? I have a few of the VHS sets, but I know there are alot of episodes and I can see thsi selling pretty well on dvd.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
I am not sure if it aired on Nickalodeon, but I remember it was on every saturday morning in the late 80's and early 90's.

It was one of my favorite cartoons.

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
yep, it aired on Nickelodeon. Wasn't a nickelodeon show... but I know which show you're talking about. These are one of the shows where you're surprised if they come out on DVD... I really don't know why they're releasing "Jem!" on DVD

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Jem has a high nestalgia factor for some people, not me, but some people.

I want this show on DVD also, and it aired practically everywhere, even on cartoon network for awhile, though it was originally a Saturday Morning Cartoon. It was cool, so whoever owns the rights should put it out.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I'd get it if it were to become available. I used to love watching this show on Saturday mornings. As for "Jem", it really didn't appeal to me. My sister on the other hand loved it.

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
I watched Jem all the time as a kid and I'm thrilled that it's come to DVD. The music still rocks. :)

I remember the Beetlejuice cartoon too and would definitely buy it on DVD...

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Warners owns the rights to this and since they are planning on releasing a Special Edition of the movie sometime in the next year, I asked at the last chat if we would ever see this, at least as some sort of promotional tie-in for the rerelease and they said there were no plans of issuing it. This is one of the cartoons I want most on DVD!!

WB - PLEASE RELEASE THIS - PEOPLE WILL BUY IT!!!

At the very least, just remaster and port over the current VHS prints. There were a total of 6 videos issued:

They were about 40-45 mins long, compile them onto 2 discs (Vol. 1-3 = DVD 1, Vol. 4-6 = DVD 2) and sell them as "Best Of's" at approx. 2 hours running time.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
This was my second favorite animated series of the decade growing up, right after The Real Ghostbusters...

I asked WB about the potential for this show's release at the last chat and they said they had no plans to release it in the forseeable future.

:angry:

Change your damn plans!!!

I want this show on DVD, who's with me???

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I like Beetlejuice and after watching the show again since I was a kid it wold be so great to have on DVD. I huess all you can do it hope it will come some day. I want a show called Brimstone also from Warner Bros. I want that show on DVD so bad and also asked at their last chat and was dissapinted by their answeer. But i'm going to hope and wait it out. I remember lkast year they said Batman would never be in Season Sets and it's coming next month. Life is full of surprises and TV on DVD is so new, I say wait. THis year is so incedible alone look at all the cool shows coming out it's beyond amazing. Juat think what 2005 will be like?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Jim, I agree though I have to say that if it doesn't happen as cross-promotion when Warners releases the S.E. of the movie than I really don't see much promise for it to follow.

Didn't Tim Burton direct or script a bunch of the original episodes? I personally think that this is one show which would be extremely successfull and very marketable with good distribution and promo. It was one of the most popular animated series of it's day, which says a whole lot considering the context of it's day...

Add on Tim Burton's name, a successfull live action and huge 80's cult comedy film, and the fact that this show works on so many levels - targeted at both children with it's colorful and imaginative charm, as well as older folks for it's darker melancholic humor as well as nostalgia...

I can't believe that shows with such limited appeal like the Care Bears are being offered in such abundance yet a popular, intelligent and creative series like this doesn't exist in the DVD fotmat...

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

Your new thread has been merged with the existing one, to which you were a contributor. All further posts regarding this series on DVD belong in this thread. No others need be started.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks