Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Beetlejuice Cartoons on dvd

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 of 16 OFFLINE   LanieParker

LanieParker

Supporting Actor

• 735 posts

Posted April 17 2004 - 04:47 AM

Does anyone know if there are plans to release this show on dvd? I have a few of the VHS sets, but I know there are alot of episodes and I can see thsi selling pretty well on dvd.

#2 of 16 OFFLINE   Chris:L

Chris:L

Supporting Actor

• 709 posts

Posted April 17 2004 - 05:14 AM

Are you talking about the Beetlejuice Cartoon that aired on Nickelodeon? COOL!

#3 of 16 OFFLINE   LanieParker

LanieParker

Supporting Actor

• 735 posts

Posted April 17 2004 - 05:37 AM

I am not sure if it aired on Nickalodeon, but I remember it was on every saturday morning in the late 80's and early 90's.

It was one of my favorite cartoons.

#4 of 16 OFFLINE   Chris:L

Chris:L

Supporting Actor

• 709 posts

Posted April 17 2004 - 06:17 AM

yep, it aired on Nickelodeon. Wasn't a nickelodeon show... but I know which show you're talking about. These are one of the shows where you're surprised if they come out on DVD... I really don't know why they're releasing "Jem!" on DVD

#5 of 16 OFFLINE   Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg

Lead Actor

• 9,209 posts

Posted April 17 2004 - 07:19 AM

Jem has a high nestalgia factor for some people, not me, but some people.

I want this show on DVD also, and it aired practically everywhere, even on cartoon network for awhile, though it was originally a Saturday Morning Cartoon. It was cool, so whoever owns the rights should put it out.

#6 of 16 OFFLINE   Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter

• 1,250 posts
  • LocationGuelph, Ontario - Canada

Posted April 17 2004 - 10:42 AM

I'd get it if it were to become available. I used to love watching this show on Saturday mornings. As for "Jem", it really didn't appeal to me. My sister on the other hand loved it.
My DVD / Blu-ray collection:

#7 of 16 OFFLINE   Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight

Screenwriter

• 2,515 posts

Posted April 17 2004 - 11:18 AM

I loved this and Eek!
Kyle McKnight

#8 of 16 OFFLINE   ChrisRose

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator

• 189 posts

Posted April 17 2004 - 04:20 PM

I watched Jem all the time as a kid and I'm thrilled that it's come to DVD. The music still rocks. Posted Image

I remember the Beetlejuice cartoon too and would definitely buy it on DVD...

#9 of 16 OFFLINE   MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted April 18 2004 - 04:35 AM

Warners owns the rights to this and since they are planning on releasing a Special Edition of the movie sometime in the next year, I asked at the last chat if we would ever see this, at least as some sort of promotional tie-in for the rerelease and they said there were no plans of issuing it. This is one of the cartoons I want most on DVD!!

WB - PLEASE RELEASE THIS - PEOPLE WILL BUY IT!!!

At the very least, just remaster and port over the current VHS prints. There were a total of 6 videos issued:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

They were about 40-45 mins long, compile them onto 2 discs (Vol. 1-3 = DVD 1, Vol. 4-6 = DVD 2) and sell them as "Best Of's" at approx. 2 hours running time.

#10 of 16 OFFLINE   MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted June 14 2004 - 07:38 AM

This was my second favorite animated series of the decade growing up, right after The Real Ghostbusters...

I asked WB about the potential for this show's release at the last chat and they said they had no plans to release it in the forseeable future.

Posted Image

Change your damn plans!!!

I want this show on DVD, who's with me???

Posted Image

#11 of 16 OFFLINE   Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor

• 604 posts

Posted June 14 2004 - 08:38 AM

I like Beetlejuice and after watching the show again since I was a kid it wold be so great to have on DVD. I huess all you can do it hope it will come some day. I want a show called Brimstone also from Warner Bros. I want that show on DVD so bad and also asked at their last chat and was dissapinted by their answeer. But i'm going to hope and wait it out. I remember lkast year they said Batman would never be in Season Sets and it's coming next month. Life is full of surprises and TV on DVD is so new, I say wait. THis year is so incedible alone look at all the cool shows coming out it's beyond amazing. Juat think what 2005 will be like?

#12 of 16 OFFLINE   Antonio Silva

Antonio Silva

Stunt Coordinator

• 129 posts

Posted June 14 2004 - 09:11 AM

Quote:

I am. Love the show and my Vhs tapes are falling apart.Posted Image
Dimebag Darrell
1966 - 2004
Rest In Peace

#13 of 16 OFFLINE   Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight

Screenwriter

• 2,515 posts

Posted June 14 2004 - 09:19 AM

http://www.hometheat....ht=Beetlejuice
Kyle McKnight

#14 of 16 OFFLINE   MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted June 14 2004 - 01:01 PM

Jim, I agree though I have to say that if it doesn't happen as cross-promotion when Warners releases the S.E. of the movie than I really don't see much promise for it to follow.

Didn't Tim Burton direct or script a bunch of the original episodes? I personally think that this is one show which would be extremely successfull and very marketable with good distribution and promo. It was one of the most popular animated series of it's day, which says a whole lot considering the context of it's day...

Add on Tim Burton's name, a successfull live action and huge 80's cult comedy film, and the fact that this show works on so many levels - targeted at both children with it's colorful and imaginative charm, as well as older folks for it's darker melancholic humor as well as nostalgia...

I can't believe that shows with such limited appeal like the Care Bears are being offered in such abundance yet a popular, intelligent and creative series like this doesn't exist in the DVD fotmat...

#15 of 16 OFFLINE   Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted June 14 2004 - 03:04 PM

Quote:

Your new thread has been merged with the existing one, to which you were a contributor. All further posts regarding this series on DVD belong in this thread. No others need be started.

M.
COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#16 of 16 OFFLINE   MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted June 14 2004 - 10:55 PM

Sorry, I forgot about the previous thread...

:b

Forum Nav Content I Follow