What's new

Can you ID this episode from my vague childhood memories? (2 Viewers)

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
In the 60s, I remember seeing a show from an anthology series. It involved a small, insular town. The people gradually discovered they couldn't leave the borders of the town. At the end, it was discovered that the entire town had been lifted from earth by aliens & placed on another planet. The purpose was either to perform an experiment, or seed a new planet; I can't remember which.

I have the 1st season of the Outer Limits, and it's not there. I read the descriptions of the 2nd season, and it doesn't seem to be there either. Was it possibly a Twilight Zone episode?

Thanks.
Doug

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
That sounds like the "Feasibility Study" episode of The Outer Limits, but that's a first season episode.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
It's from The Outer Limits. The episode is called A Feasability Study and it's on Set 1, Disc 4. Look again.

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
Thanks, all. I don't know how I missed it when reading the descriptions in the box. I'll look forward to that one (am working through disc 4 now).

Cheers,
Doug

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
I had to watch Feasibility Study last night. I had forgotten a great deal of it. It was a very eerie episode. Interesting that religion had a prominent and positive viewpoint here. I don't remember any other OL episodes in which religion was even mentioned. Nice to see David Opatoshu. The only other thing I remember him from is the ST episode "A Taste of Armageddon."

It's too bad the picture and sound quality of this particular episode were so poor. I've noticed that w/ a few of the season 1 episodes, but the majority of them are pretty good.

Doug

PienSavaca

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, now can anyone place this episode of TwiZone/ Outer Limits/ other:

A man strikes a deal for escape with the coroner of the prison. The arrangement is that when the bell rings, someone has died and the escapee is to climb in the casket with the corpse, and will be dug up once the body is buried outside the prison. The plan fails because the coroner is the one who died.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
That last post sounds like an Alfred Hitchcock episode called "Final Escape". Hitchcock had the most wicked endings. A little slow building up, but the payoffs at the end were worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks