What's new

Will Seaquest make it to dvd?.. (1 Viewer)

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, man, that was a good show. Very much like Star Trek underwater. Too bad Sci-Fi stopped showing the repeats. I would certaintly grab this on DVD.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure this will be coming before too long now that Universal is starting to pick up on TV releases. When they release it I will buy it.

DouglasRobert

Second Unit
Would like to see this get released on DVD as well.

But it's Spielberg produced series, so who knows if or when he'll release it.

I think the only series he released some episodes of on video was Amazing Stories. Might be wrong, not sure. And remember that Duel was going to be released then pulled at the last minute. Still waiting to see that get announced again.

Dan Hinson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan Hinson
I’m really not a big “TV DVD” guru, but I would buy seaQuest in heartbeat, as I absolutely loved the show: The first season especially, but I would buy all 3 seasons (or all 2½, to be more accurate).

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
This is one of my favorite shows and I would definitely buy all three seasons.

Dewitte

Stunt Coordinator
I was a huge fan of the first season since it managed to incorporate actual science into mostly decent scripts (I still hate the episode where some kids are the sole survivors of some undersea outpost). The Bob Ballard segments that ran over the credits were always interesting.

Unfortunately, the series took a turn for the worse in the second season by incorporating just about bad sci-fi cliche in the book with the hopes of luring in viewers of Lois & Clark (which had also dumped semi-decent writing in favor of the farcical). I still liked most of the characters, which was the only thing that kept me watching.

The third season brought aboard Michael Ironside. 'Nuff said :)

Yeah, I'd buy this series in a friggin' heartbeat.

De

LisaDoris

Stunt Coordinator
This is one of the titles I cross my fingers for every day. I loved this show and would buy all the seasons in a second if it were ever released.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I would possibly buy the first season, depending on price. I wouldn't buy seasons two or three - the show really went downhill in season two when they abandoned everything that was unique about the show and made it just another science fiction show, but underwater. I never stayed with it long enough to see the third season.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I would probably buy the first season on DVD, too. It wasn't perfect, but at least it was entertaining, and as previously mentioned, the stories usually contained an element of real science to them. It was a respectable show.

But it really went down the sinkhole the 2nd year. By the time they were being chased by the giant crocodile, I had about given up. I still tried to watch it sometimes, and it did improve ever so slightly with the 3rd season. I could tell they were trying to get it back on course, but it was really just too far gone by then.

I guess the changes were made in the 2nd season to try to garner a bigger teen audience, which I don't really understand, as it was already pretty popular with that age group. I was 16 at the time, and I hated the 2nd season, so it certainly didn't work on me.

Again, I'd most likely get the first season, were it to be released. And although I wouldn't buy them, I think the 2nd and 3rd seasons should be released too, for the people that would.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
The best things about the first season of Seaquest: Stephanie Beacham as Dr. Westphalen and Stacy Haiduk as Chief Engineer Hitchcock.

As many have said before: I'd buy the first season only.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks