• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 dick_harris

dick_harris

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted February 23 2004 - 06:31 AM

I just watched Runaway Jury and was distracted the whole movie wondering when Jennifer Beals' character was going to do somethng. She was on the jury, but never said a word. I kept thinking she would turn out to be an undercover FBI agent or something like that. Right up to the end, I thought she had to be there for a reason, but then the movie was over and -- nothing! She had no part at all! What happened? Did they cut out her part? I know she's not a huge star, but surely they did not intend to cast her in a totally non-speaking part. They could have used anyone for that. There must be some Hollywood gossip about this somewhere.

#2 of 7 JohnS

JohnS

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted February 23 2004 - 06:55 AM

well, she does say something per say,

she does argue with the other jury members at the end.
and she has a second or two with her interview in the begining, when they are picking jury members

#3 of 7 dick_harris

dick_harris

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted February 23 2004 - 10:55 AM

I didn't remember her ever saying anything, but it must not have been very much. In any case, didn't it seem strange that she had such a small part?

#4 of 7 MattHR

MattHR

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts

Posted February 23 2004 - 11:21 AM

Quote:
I just watched Runaway Jury and was distracted the whole movie wondering when Jennifer Beals' character was going to do somethng. She was on the jury, but never said a word.

I read somewhere that she was saving her energy for all the heavy dialog required in her comeback film, FLASHDANCE II: THE RESURRECTION.

#5 of 7 RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted February 23 2004 - 12:07 PM

Quote:
In any case, didn't it seem strange that she had such a small part?
You want confusion? Help me understand how Donald Pleasence got third (maybe fourth after Teri Garr, I can't remember right now) billing for Oh, God! when the man has under a minute of screen time and zero lines of dialogue.

That's a good agent!
Blücher!

#6 of 7 Thomas T

Thomas T

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted February 23 2004 - 01:58 PM

I think it's obvious that Ms. Beals part was cut severely. It happens frequently. Amanda Blake (Miss Kitty of Gunsmoke) gets co-starring billing in the 1954 A Star Is Born despite being cut entirely out of the movie. I defy anyone to find her. Oscar winning actress Beatrice Straight (Network 1976) plays Goldie Hawn's mother in Deceived and her part is about 3 seconds and no dialogue ... literally!

#7 of 7 Brian Ralph

Brian Ralph

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted February 24 2004 - 12:34 AM

I just watched this last night, and I noticed that (along with Beals) there were a number of actors with much smaller parts that I thought they would have, like: Luis Guzman and Dylan McDurmott. Nora Dunn and Orlando Jones also had pretty small parts, but small supporting roles is basically what you expect from them despite their recognizability.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow