-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Warner Chat Thoughts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
102 replies to this topic

#101 of 103 Tom Brennan

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter

• 1,070 posts

Posted October 18 2001 - 11:42 AM

I think latecomers are the biggest cause of redundant questions in the chats, simply because they cannot see what has already been asked. Its not really fair to people who have been waiting since the beginning, only to have someone pop in two hours later and ask a question that has already been addressed.

------------------
Please vote for a Richard Donner Re-Cut of Superman II

http://www.hometheat....ML/003753.html
 This Are Intentionally Left Blank

#102 of 103 Dave H

Dave H

Producer

• 5,251 posts

Posted October 18 2001 - 11:46 AM

Michael,

They did mention something to the effect that Unforgiven would be remastered for next year's schedule - nothing about a special edition, per se.

#103 of 103 Chad Gregory

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor

• 631 posts

Posted October 18 2001 - 11:47 AM

While I understand the frustration of redundant questions, there are other issues that would occur by not allowing people to enter the chat late.

For one, how do you deal with people who lose there connection, either to the irc or their isp and have to reconnect to the group even though they have been there all along. These people would suffer the same fate as those joining for the first time an hour in.

I would have to agree with Ron that the chat needs to be kept spontaneous, though some slight moderation could help to streamline the questioning.

-Chad