Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sideshow/Weta LOTR Collectibles

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1041 replies to this topic

#1041 of 1042 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Screenwriter

• 2,689 posts

Posted August 08 2005 - 07:21 AM

I just logged in at Fireside and checked my order status. It says "Paid via Authorize.net" and "Payment was received in Full".

So it seems that my memory was correct and they already have my payment. It was so long ago that this order was placed I don't remember any specifics about placing the order and the billing stuff.

I fired off an email just to get them to clarify this for me. I certainly don't want to get double billed.

Sean
I don't believe in transcending the genre, I believe IN the genre - Joss Whedon

#1042 of 1042 OFFLINE   Craig S

Craig S

Producer

• 5,511 posts
  • LocationLeague City, Texas

Posted August 08 2005 - 09:06 PM

Sean, my pre-orders with Fireside say the same thing, yet I know the card was not charged. I think you're seeing the authorization/available funds check he does on the card at the time of order:
Quote:
When you order an item that is on preorder or backorder your credit card is checked for available funds but it is NOT charged. A temporary authorization is placed on the card at the time of order but it will be removed in 7 - 10 days depending on the Credit Card company. We will charge your credit card when items are in stock and being prepared for shipment. We never charge credit cards in advance. If you order multiple items with some in stock and some on preorder/backorder, we only charge your credit card for the items that are in stock and being prepared for shipment.
You might want to check with your CC company to see if you were charged on the date you placed the order.

Three truths about movies, as noted by Roger Ebert:

* It's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it.

* No good movie is too long, and no bad movie is short enough.

* No good movie is depressing, all bad movies are depressing.