What's new

LOTR: TTT - Platinum Series Special Extended Edition (1 Viewer)

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Coming out on November 18th, this will be the 4-Disc extended version:

MSRP: $39.95
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen.
Languages: English Dolby Digital Surround 2.0, 5.1 EX, 6.1 ES.
Subtitles: English
Length: 222 Minutes (3 hours and 42 Minutes).
Rating: PG-13.

Discs 1-2: The Feature:

A New Version of The Second Installment with over 40 Minutes of Never-Before-Seen Footage Incorporated Into the Film.

4 Audio Commentaries by Director & Writers, the Design Team, the Production Team and the Cast.

Disc 3: The Appendices:

Adapting the book into a screenplay & planning the film.

Designing and inspiration for locations in Middle-earth.

Storyboards to pre-visualization.

Weta Workshop visit.

Atlas of Middle-earth.

An interactive map of New Zealand highlighting the location scouting process.

Galleries of art and slideshows with commentaries by the artists.

DVD-ROM Content.

Disc 4: The Appendices:

Sending actors to battle: Preparation for sword fighting.

Principal photography: Stories from the set.

Digital effects (including motion capture and "Massive", a program to create armies of Orcs)

"Bigature": A close-up look at the detailed miniatures used in the film

Still galleries of art and slideshows with commentaries by the artists.

Galleries of behind-the-scenes photographs and personal cast photos.

Post-production: Editing it all together.

Sound design demonstration.

And more

The Gift Set, MSRP of $69.95 and being released the same day will include the 4-Disc set and collectible packaging, along with:

Collectible Gollum polystone statue created by Sideshow Weta.

"The Evolution of Gollum:" exclusive documentary on the Weta Workshop and how the Gollum statue was created.

Printed companion piece showing how Gollum evolved from pencil sketch to sculpted maquette to digital character.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I hope the disc 3 extras include a "Why we felt the need to perform unneccessary wholesale alterations just to put in some Nazgul" segment

Jonny K

Second Unit
*Jonny K does some math*

Whoa. Looks like that'll go for what, 70 dollars in Canada? I remember the first EE DVD is about 35 dollars. Yikes.

*weeps quietly*

Jonny K.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
That's the gift set, not the regular EE release. That's actually $10 less than the previous gift set. Presumably because there's no National Geographic special this time.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
"The Evolution of Gollum:" exclusive documentary on the Weta Workshop and how the Gollum statue was created.
Is that on a seperate DVD?

I may just get the EE only version this time. The Gollum statue is kewl, but I don't know if I'm willing to pay 30 bucks for it.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
:crazy: Hate to say it, especially here, but I am honestly thinking about not getting it or ANY VERSION OF TTT! I know what most of you are thinking at this point, "Tony, are you on crack?" Well, maybe so, but I didn't really like FOTR :eek:, and I have not seen TTT yet :eek:.

Hell the only reason I decided to pick up the EE of FOTR was for the extra features, picture quality, and sound.

If it's cheap enough, I'll consider getting it. But I'll probably rent the 2-disc beforehand to see if I like it.

:b

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
If in doubt always rent.

I'll be buying the Gift Set again, I like the neat packaging and the little polystone figures WETA make. Suits the area that I have my LOTR DVD's.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I hope the disc 3 extras include a "Why we felt the need to perform unneccessary wholesale alterations just to put in some Nazgul" segment
:emoji_thumbsup:

Followed by the complementary docus "Théoden: How to turn a warrior king into a babbling wuss in 10 easy steps" and "Faramir: This is not the character you're looking for" ;)

Those complaints aside, though, I'm tempted to pick up the gift set this time around (I didn't with FOTR). A documentary on Gollum's development sounds great.

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
Hate to say it, especially here, but I am honestly thinking about not getting it or ANY VERSION OF TTT! I know what most of you are thinking at this point, "Tony, are you on crack?" Well, maybe so, but I didn't really like FOTR , and I have not seen TTT yet
If didn't like FOTR, you will not like TTT. I found TTT to be a disappointing film, not as good as FOTR, but will be buying it 'cos it's a 4 disc set...and worth giving another chance :D

Matt<>Broon

Stunt Coordinator
:emoji_thumbsup:

Followed by the complementary docus "Théoden: How to turn a warrior king into a babbling wuss in 10 easy steps" and "Faramir: This is not the character you're looking for" ;)

Those complaints aside, though, I'm tempted to pick up the gift set this time around (I didn't with FOTR). A documentary on Gollum's development sounds great.
:laugh:

All too true! I liked the Theoden 'possesion' twist but much of the rest of his characterisation didn't read true to me. Aah well.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
If didn't like FOTR, you will not like TTT. I found TTT to be a disappointing film, not as good as FOTR, but will be buying it 'cos it's a 4 disc set...and worth giving another chance
I don't know. I thought they were pretty different so maybe he will like it.

I'm still out on which I'll buy, which most likely will be the Gift Set. The price better be less than the FOTR Gift Set due to the fact that we get less material in it, including only 1 little statue instead of 2 bookends.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I would have to agree he probably won't like TT if he didn't like FOTR. Yes, there were differences between the movies, but it's really just a continuation. Remember, all three films are really just one LONG movie.

Conroy Tesa

Stunt Coordinator
Ah the beauty of not reading the trilogy till AFTER the movies thus not comparing the film adaption to the books.
No complaints as to why they made some changes!

Personally I thought the FOTR and TTT were 2 of the best movies I have seen in years and the EE for FOTR was awesome.

TTT EE is a must buy for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks