Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Best Sirius add on ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   dick_harris

dick_harris

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted December 18 2003 - 09:59 PM

I just made my mind up because of the NFL package. What is the best unit to add on to a 2003 Chevy Suburban with a factory in-dash Bose 6 CD changer? I hate to get rid of this radio entirely as it is pretty good and very expensive.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   TheLongshot

TheLongshot

Producer

• 4,119 posts

Posted December 19 2003 - 03:28 AM

I like my Audiovox. I personally think it look nice. You can probably find a lot of them used.

http://members.cox.n...Jetta/Radio.JPG

There are also various plug and plays out there as well, if you want something that you can move around. Audiovox makes a nice one that hooks into a boombox, as well as cradles for your car and house.

Jason

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter

• 1,747 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted December 19 2003 - 03:42 AM

Here is a link to the AudioVox unit Jason mentioned.

That looks very nice in the vehicle I think, but it is FM modulated, so I am not too sure about the audio quality. If you want the best quality, do what Ron did and get a Kenwood Headunit.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   David-S

David-S

Second Unit

• 267 posts

Posted December 19 2003 - 05:37 AM

Dick:

You might want to check around, (maybe go to a forum for you car), there might very well be a way you can tie into the CD-changer inputs, and therefore use one of the plug and play units (with a direct input, not FM modulated...), but keep your stock head unit...

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   TheLongshot

TheLongshot

Producer

• 4,119 posts

Posted December 19 2003 - 07:16 AM

Quote:
That looks very nice in the vehicle I think, but it is FM modulated, so I am not too sure about the audio quality.

It also has RCAs, so you can connect it to a HU that has RCAs or use a Blitzsafe adaptor for a CD changer input.

I use the FM mod, and I'm pretty happy with it.

Jason