Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

What's become of D.O.A. (1988)?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Andre Bijelic

Andre Bijelic

Stunt Coordinator

• 193 posts

Posted October 27 2003 - 08:48 AM

There are probably only three other people out there who actually liked this movie, but the 1988 version of D.O.A. - with Dennis Quaid - was supposed to be released this month. It just seems to have disappeared. It's not out anywhere and Amazon has removed their listing for it. Has it been cancelled? Delayed? Does anyone know what's happening with this title?
Don't tug on that, you never know what it might be attached to...

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted October 27 2003 - 09:06 AM

I bought a copy of this last week at my local Borders. $12.99 plus tax. They only had one copy; it was in the "Thrillers" section as I recall.
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Jim Bivins

Jim Bivins

Stunt Coordinator

• 154 posts

Posted October 27 2003 - 03:35 PM

Damn! I keep forgetting to look for this when I'm out...thanks for reminding me! This is a really good neo-noir, a must get! Thanks Jim p.s. DVDempire has it in stock if you want to order online.

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Jim Bivins

Jim Bivins

Stunt Coordinator

• 154 posts

Posted October 27 2003 - 03:36 PM

Hey look, I think were the three people who liked this one!

Posted Image

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Steven Good

Steven Good

Second Unit

• 257 posts

Posted October 27 2003 - 04:25 PM

on DVD price search, Best Buy is listed as the best price @ $6.99 with free shipping, but the link is old. the title isn't on BB's site now... bummer. i was waiting for this title, and i liked the price! also, i had The Doctor (william Hurt) on my list as a 10/14 release, but looks like its been bumped to April '04.
Roger Ebert--"This is one more pathetic example of the dumbing of America--to show the films in the wrong aspect ratio to placate the stupid, instead of in the right aspect ratio to reward the knowledgeable."

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Kenneth English

Kenneth English

Second Unit

• 422 posts

Posted October 28 2003 - 01:00 AM

I was just at Best Buy last night and they had it (in the Drama section) for $9.99. Great movie. Been waiting for it forever. Posted Image

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,219 posts

Posted October 28 2003 - 03:37 AM

I saw it over the weekend at Circuit City. Was going to get it, but put it back. I just checked Amazon, and they still have it listed and as shipping in 24 hours. Had to search under Dennis Quaid because typing in D.O.A. brought up 156 listings.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   BrandonJF

BrandonJF

Second Unit

• 436 posts

Posted October 28 2003 - 05:40 AM

For those of you that got it - is it anamorphic? I saw it, but I could've sworn the back just listed it as being "widescreen" without using any anamorphic qualifiers. Every site I look at lists it as being anamorphic, so maybe I'm mistaken...

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Kenneth English

Kenneth English

Second Unit

• 422 posts

Posted October 28 2003 - 06:05 AM

Yes, it is anamorphic and looks fantastic. Well worth $9.99 (even if there aren't any extras).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users