What's new

60's Batman movie (1 Viewer)

Shane D

Supporting Actor
has anyone else had this movie freeze up on them in chapter 12 where batman and robin figure out the russian banana thing? it glitches up and then just freezes, i can do a chapter skip, either forward or back, but it wont play thru. i returned my first disk today, and the replacement i got did the same thing in teh exact same place. so i'm jus asking if this has happened toanyone else?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
No problems here! My son has required 3 viewing since it's purchase...it works perfectly every time!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

DavidEC

Stunt Coordinator
I wish that when people ask about movie troubles (and reply that they do not have troubles )that they also post the brand of player being used...
The trouble could be brand related much like the Early Matrix and some Disney DVD troubles.

SpenceJT

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Spencer
Good point, about the make and model. No problem playing on my Toshiba 6200.
What type of player is it that you are having problems playing it on? If other's having the same type of player respond that they aren't having problems, it may help you narrow down the cause. You may also wish to try playing the DVD in a different DVD player to see if the problem follows the disk.
Good luck.
Spence
------------------
SpenceJT
Link Removed
"...now what's all this crud about no movie tonight!"
- Thank you Mr. Lemmon

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Good point about mentioning the player model; I neglected to do that! I have a Panasonic A120. I've never actually had a problem with any disc - Matrix with it's notorious issues, or otherwise - that could not be solved by cleaning the disc or the player.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Shane D

Supporting Actor
i have a toshiba, i forget model number, SD something, and i have a apple imac, and the first disc froze up in the exact same place with both players, and the 2nd disk locked up the toshiba, haven't tried it in the imac yet. so i was guessing it was a disc thing s ince it froze in the exact same place everytime in both players. i dont know.

JeremyJones

Agent
I have a Panasonic A310 and it didn't lock up, but it did have some BAD pixelization problems in that scene. The rest of the movie was fine. I have the same problem with The Time Machine and Ichabod and Mr. Toad DVDs. No problems on my Sony, though.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
i just tried it on my other computer's dvd player too, a macintosh quicksilver G4 and it froze in the same place again. so i'll try returning again.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
well i just tried to return this movie for the 2nd time today, and best buy wouldn't exchange it, their 'tech' expert i guess, took the movie, played it on thiers behind the wall, and said it never froze in the place i said it was freezing.
so in his expert opinion he told me that older toshiba's and software computer players can't handle duel-layer disks.when i told him that i had never had a problem before, he just shrugged his shoulders at me.
what great service. im' gonna try the movie in 2 other players my friends have, a panasonic and a pioneer and see what happenes, if it freezes in the same place.
anyone else had problems like this returning dvd's?
when i asked or my money back they said they coudlnt because it was opened and copyright laws forbid it.
i was so mad, i didnt' even buy the 2 or 3 movies i had planned on buying today, guess i'll hit circuit city tonight instead
------------------

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Why don't you call Fox's customer service dept. and ask them what they can do for you.
As an alternative, call Best Buy's General HQ. Tell them about your experience, and demand a return. Don't take no for an answer. After 13 years in retail, I know darn well that the HQ will never ever say no to a reasonable return request...and yours qualifies in my book, even if you can't duplicate the defect...and then will just call the store and *order* them to take care of you.
Heck, threaten to superglue your head to the counter. THAT will get their attention! :)
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks