What's new

Chuck Williams's ISF Caibration of my Mitsu 55819 (1 Viewer)

MikeShea

Agent
A few months back I had my Mitsubishi 55819 55" HDTV calibrated by Chuck Williams. Over the last two months, the TV has been a complete joy to watch. While ISF calibration can be pricy, I would rather have an ISF calibrated $2000 set than a non-calibrated $3000 one any day, and you'd still save quite a bit of money. The services went well beyond any calibration I would have done myself and the results are excellent. Lets see if I can remember all the services that were done:

- removal of the protective screen, a great choice
- basic calibration of brightness, contrast, tint, color, and sharpness which were then set to the factory default.
- individual gun focus
- overscan fix
- red push fix
- turning off the (damn, I forget the name...the thing that sharpens the picture and adds white shadows behind black objects)
- grey scale calibration
- three gun service menu convergence

I know there are a couple of things I'm forgetting. After all of the fixes, the picture is a lot better.

Just wanted to give my two cents on ISF calibration and on Chuck Williams himself. I'm a very happy customer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks