Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone looking forward to The Simpsons: Hit & Run?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 of 46 OFFLINE   Chris Rock

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor

• 716 posts

Posted November 03 2003 - 12:33 AM

[quote] am playing it on a panny 50" lcd, and it is 480p widescreen, and I am seeing some wierd graphically problems, as well, but I think it is one of the best games of the year I am up to the lisa missions. [quote]

Can you describe those graphics issues? I think I have them too on my 61" DLP.

#42 of 46 OFFLINE   Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky

Producer

• 3,740 posts

Posted November 03 2003 - 01:22 AM

[quote] I'm getting a strange visual artifact though - when the screen has a lot of detail, the image momentarily shifts when I rotate. [quote]
I noticed the same thing on the Metal Arms demo. Like the graphics are taking to time to catch up.
"The computer had attained consciousness, only to reject it, claiming it was too unstable an operating system."

#43 of 46 OFFLINE   Scott L

Scott L

Producer

• 4,466 posts

Posted November 17 2003 - 07:54 AM

Best Buy has the game for $40. Worth every penny imo! Me and my buds are huge fans of the series (who isn't?) so it was hilarious to interact with characters like The Comic Book Guy and Wiggum. Posted Image

Best Simpsons game since Bart vs the Space Mutants on NES. Posted Image

#44 of 46 OFFLINE   Mike_G

Mike_G

Screenwriter

• 1,446 posts

Posted November 29 2003 - 03:37 PM

I picked this up today. Off the bat, I'm REALLY enjoying it. For one thing, it plays out like a classic episode. The humor is dead on. My nephew and I were laughing our ass off. Anyway, the controls are about as perfect as you can get. I found the steering, acceleration, and braking to be very, very good, if not perfect. Each car handles differently, but the default car for each chapter handles very well. The chapters are set up as different themes (I've only played Homer and Bart so far). The chapters have their own number of "extras" such as racing bonus missions, collectors cards (I think it's 7/chapter), unlockable cars, and outfits to buy. I've seen a lot of comparisons to GTA, but the difference is in the context of the game. Where GTA is more realistic, this game is more cartoony, so running people down doesn't seem as brutal as it does in GTA. I tried beating people up on the street which yields no coins. What you do get from both games is awareness by the police that you're up to no good, and they WILL catch up with you (Chief Wiggum not withstanding). The only problem I can see with this game is that it looks as if it can be beaten quite quickly, without doing 100% of all the chapters. I'm not sure what the actual number of hours it's supposed to take to beat it, but in 2 hours, I did 2 chapters. I think there are 7 in all. I'd have to say that it is, by far, the best Simpsons game ever made. It takes bits of Crazy Taxi, GTA, and ties them together with classic Simpsons humor. Mike

#45 of 46 OFFLINE   Scott L

Scott L

Producer

• 4,466 posts

Posted November 29 2003 - 03:49 PM

Playing it after a while I can see why it wasnt rated so high. Thre are a lot of "tasks" that make you gather 30 or so trinkets within a given time limit for a side story that you have to do to progress in the game. Just annoying things like that are cheap little time wasters that programmers can pump out that add hours to the gameplay. Posted Image

I wish you did play an actual episode, now that would be cool.

#46 of 46 OFFLINE   Michael Allred

Michael Allred

Screenwriter

• 1,718 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted March 17 2004 - 07:59 AM

Played it, loved it (though there were 2-3 missions that took me FOREVER to beat.) Next "Simpsons" game should have nothing to do with racing though, I think they've covered that ground by now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users