Anyone looking forward to The Simpsons: Hit & Run?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by David Ely, Sep 9, 2003.

1. David Ely

David Ely Supporting Actor

I'm shocked to find no current thread about The Simpsons: Hit & Run. I know I'll be picking this one up. Anyone else looking forward to it?

2. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

It was on my "to avoid" list until this month's XBN review. They are usually very critical of games, and they loved it (8 out of 10). Now I'm looking forward to checking it out.

-Dave

3. JamesHl

JamesHl Supporting Actor

I'm a foolish fool who plays all the simpson's console games, even road rage. Since this one actually sounds like it has some entertainment value beyond simply the voice acting, I hope I will enjoy it even more.

4. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

I've read numerous reviews, and all have been quite positive. I'll certainly give it a try, but I don't think I'll pick it up, at least not right away.

5. Larry Talbot

Larry Talbot Second Unit

I'll rent it for sure, and purchase based on that. There aren't many reviews out yet, but those I've seen say it is the first game to combine a decent portrayal of The Simpsons universe with good gameplay. As OXM said, it's The Simpsons meets Grand Theft Auto. Playing as Apu and running down pedestrians? I'll be there.

6. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

Ill check it out [​IMG]

7. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

After reading the surprisingly rave reviews in EGM, XBN etc, I'll definitely be checking it out. I actually enjoyed Road Rage a lot, namely due to all the voice acting.

8. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

On paper, this is game is a recipe for disaster, but it seems like they pulled it off somehow. I'm still having a tough time getting over how it looks. We have cel-shaded Zelda, cel-shaded racing games, cel-shaded first person shooters......and yet the one game that actually SHOULD be cel-shaded isn't. It looks really wierd, but I suppose if it's fun, it's fun.

Probably third on my list this holiday. True Crime is on top but I've heard that the demo is horrible, GTA Xbox will be my choice if True Crime sucks, and if GTA Xbox isn't much improved over the PS2 versions, I'll probably get me some Simpsons.

9. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

So how many GTA-influenced games are coming out this holiday season? Simpsons Hit and Run, Roadkill, THUG, True Crime...isn't the console version of Mafia also coming?

10. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

Well, I definitely thought that this game was gonna be a stinker, but now that I have looked at some of the reviews, I'll have to at least rent it sometime.

11. MikeFR

MikeFR Supporting Actor

I will definately give this game a rent and then maybe pick it up when it gets cheaper. Quite surprised about all the positive reviews.

Who would have thought that there would ever be a good Simpsons video game?

12. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Given enough releases, I guess it had to happen sooner or later. [​IMG] Maybe Batman will even get a good game someday.

-Dave

13. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

There was a good Final Fight style Batman game on the SNES.

14. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

Well, I haven't tried it, and I know it didn't get glowing reviews, but a lot of people liked Road Rage.

15. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Who would have thought that there would ever be a good Simpsons video game? >>

I reallly wish that some company would include the original Simpsons Arcade game, that I consider the only GOOD Simpsons game, included as an extra unlockable... Too bad it can't be done on this one...

16. Neil M

Neil M Stunt Coordinator

I enjoyed Road Rage as a multiplayer experience. It wasn't by any means a great game overall, but I felt it was worth a purchase. I'm glad to see some good reviews for this one. I will definitely be picking this up.

17. Larry Talbot

Larry Talbot Second Unit

"There was a good Final Fight style Batman game on the SNES."

There sure was, James. It's called Batman Returns and it did a good job of capturing the dark, gothic look of Burton's film (by far the best of the Batman movies.) The only problem the game had was no save feature. I played it again not too long ago and I still found it enjoyable.

18. Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton Screenwriter

19. JamesHl

JamesHl Supporting Actor

So, anyone get it yet? Or does anyone have access to a head to head type review that could tell me which one to buy, hm?

20. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

Well, IGN's head to head recommends the Xbox version first and the Gamecube version second.

Here's something that killed me from their "review". The Xbox version could not output audio if you had it hooked up to your reciever via the digital audio cable. Right there, that's enough for me not to want to pick up that version. They pretty much just dismissed it though. As a side note, they did say that happened in their "reviewable" copy. They did not know if this problem still occurs in the final retail build.

Glen