Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Casper & Babe: SE - 9/23/03

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#1 of 48 Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor

• 883 posts

Posted July 03 2003 - 08:43 AM

Universal Home Video will finally release Casper on September 23rd. Available in separate 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen and fullscreen releases, the disc will feature Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 Surround audio tracks. Extras, if any, have yet TBA.

Also due on the 23rd is a new special edition reissue of Babe. Available in separate 1.85:1 anamorphic and fullscreen releases, each comes with Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS 5.1 Surround, and extras TBA.

The underrated sequel Babe: Pig in the City will be reissued, only with the same specs as before (anamorphic & fullscreen transfers, DD 5.1 audio, theatrical trailer).

All retail $19.98 apiece. A Babe: The Complete Adventures 2-Movie Pig Pack will also be available for $29.98.

#2 of 48 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

Lead Actor

• 7,034 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted July 03 2003 - 09:04 AM

YES! Babe in WS!

Hopefully Happy Gilmore will be the next to be reissued. Posted Image

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#3 of 48 PaulP

PaulP

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted July 03 2003 - 09:11 AM

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Is it appropriate to do the naked dance? Posted Image

#4 of 48 Rain

Rain

Producer

• 5,020 posts

Posted July 03 2003 - 09:18 AM

Sweet, I've been waiting for Babe in OAR forever.

Easily my favourite talking pig movie. Posted ImagePosted Image

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon

#5 of 48 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

Lead Actor

• 7,034 posts

Posted July 03 2003 - 09:18 AM

Quote:
Is it appropriate to do the naked dance?

Why not? Aren't both Casper and Babe nude?

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#6 of 48 Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,906 posts

Posted July 03 2003 - 09:17 AM

I have been waiting to own Babe and was hoping a OAR version would finally be produced. Good news, indeed.
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

#7 of 48 PaulP

PaulP

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted July 03 2003 - 09:55 AM

This is easily the most expensive fall ever. Just off the top of my head, the stuff I'm definitely buying September/October/November:

Babe: SE
Casper
Saved by the Bell: Seasons 1 & 2
Identity: SE
Monty Python's The Meaning of Life: SE
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
Family Guy: Vol. 2
Sleeping Beauty: SE
Russian Ark
The Devil and Daniel Webster: CC
Fargo: SE
Warners Legends boxset
The Lion King: PE
Consenting Adults
Steven Spielberg's Taken
The Matrix Reloaded
The Hulk
Finding Nemo
Carlie's Angels: FT
Bruce Almighty
Indiana Jones boxset
The X-Files: Season 8
Alien Quadrilogy
King of the Hill: Season 2
Terminator 3
The Two Towers: EE

Phew!

#8 of 48 LukeB

LukeB

Screenwriter

• 2,179 posts

Posted July 03 2003 - 10:38 AM

Quote:
Hopefully Happy Gilmore will be the next to be reissued. Posted Image

Amen to that! Posted Image

#9 of 48 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

Lead Actor

• 7,034 posts

Posted July 03 2003 - 10:47 AM

Which reminds me - what are the movies that were released P&S only by Universal early on? I can think of the following....

Babe
Sea of Love (WS SE just released)
The Jerk
Happy Gilmore
The Sting
Death Becomes Her

Any others?

#10 of 48 Peter Mazur

Peter Mazur

Second Unit

• 437 posts

Posted July 03 2003 - 10:46 AM

Great news!!! I have been waiting for both of these for awhile.

#11 of 48 Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart

Lead Actor

• 7,453 posts
  • LocationBlairsville, GA, USA

Posted July 03 2003 - 11:10 AM

I think Casper is possibly one of the worst films of the 1990s and Babe is one of the best from the same decade.

Babe is one of those "perfect" movies where everything fits well. I'm very glad that a special edition (in OAR) will be coming.

#12 of 48 LukeB

LukeB

Screenwriter

• 2,179 posts

Posted July 03 2003 - 11:17 AM

Quote:
Which reminds me - what are the movies that were released P&S only by Universal early on? I can think of the following....

Kindergarten Cop and Twins, as well

#13 of 48 T r o y

T r o y

Supporting Actor

• 649 posts

Posted July 03 2003 - 11:22 AM

Looking forward to Casper! I owned the Casper LD (DTS) and the soundtrack rocked! I hope the DTS DVD version can sound as good.
Outlaw 750 5 CH AMP
Yamaha DSP-A1
Sony BDP-S550
Monster Power
Mitsibishi HC-1500Klipsch KLF20Klipsch KLFC7Klipsch KSP-S6Velodyne F-1800XR

#14 of 48 Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter

• 1,221 posts

Posted July 03 2003 - 11:20 AM

I hope "Pig in The City" is a new transfer. The old one is pretty weak and doesn't stand up to current transfers.
"I don't remember much..... Uhhhh...."

#15 of 48 Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph

Producer

• 4,042 posts

Posted July 03 2003 - 11:30 AM

Finally. I've also wanted an OAR Babe for quite a while.
My Collection

#16 of 48 Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted July 03 2003 - 11:36 AM

Quote:
Also due on the 23rd is a new special edition reissue of Babe. Available in separate 1.85:1 anamorphic...
Suh-weet!

Now bring on The Shadow!
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#17 of 48 Emil Stoica

Emil Stoica

Second Unit

• 277 posts

Posted July 03 2003 - 11:41 AM

Let's see Timecop in widescreen as well!

#18 of 48 John O

John O

Stunt Coordinator

• 105 posts

Posted July 03 2003 - 12:03 PM

I will prbably grab Babe and Casper.
How about a WS The Shadow with DTS. Posted Image

#19 of 48 Gabe Oppenheim

Gabe Oppenheim

Stunt Coordinator

• 94 posts

Posted July 03 2003 - 01:44 PM

Gah! Just after I spent good money purchasing the Babe DTS LD*...Any extras will be much appreciated; Babe is my second-favorite film of all time!

*(which will quite possibly sound better than the new DVD).

#20 of 48 John Kilduff

John Kilduff

Screenwriter

• 1,647 posts

Posted July 03 2003 - 02:18 PM

"Casper"?

There's a DVD...Of this movie...on September 23rd. YES!

I know what I want on the disc:

Deleted Scenes (There was a website that had a listing of all of them)

Commentary from Brad Silberling, and if possible, Sherri Stoner and Deanna Oliver

Featurettes

The "Remember Me This Way" music video

The theatrical trailer

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Finally in widescreen!
Forget the Rewind. If you want real retro action, go to http://www.retrojunk.com.

Proud member of the American Film Institute and a Wal-Mart employee (Yes, you can be both).

From Michelle Pfeiffer to Daryl Hannah and all points in-between, I love 80s women. Don't believe me? Scope out this link: htt.....

Back to DVD

Forum Nav Content I Follow