Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

HT Setup? Need help with connection?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   AndyLUG

AndyLUG

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted June 28 2003 - 06:45 AM

I have a Pioneer VXS-D509S receiver to which I have a DVD player hooked up to by using the digital coax line. My receiver has the normal buttons on front like cd / tv/ DVD / etc. When I am using the DVD it shows on the display DVD/LD If I push the DVD button again it shows DVD 5.1 but when I do this I get no sound? Do I have it hooked up wrong? what does it mean when it shows DVD 5.1 and why no sound. When it just shows DVD/LD I get 5.1 sound but no sound the other way? Any help appreciated Andy

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Bill Kane

Bill Kane

Screenwriter

• 1,373 posts

Posted June 28 2003 - 09:39 AM

andy, my first thot is that the receiver has Assignable functions for the COAX INPUT. After rereading yr manual fir Set-Up, you might find that by using the remote to scroll to the COAX set-up, you find a menu of two or more uses, such as DVD (only) and LD. If so, use the remote arrows and enter features to select for DD. If I am correct, this will merely adjust the Modes Display but not alter the 5.1 signal you were getting anyway in the LD mode. Also, double-check in the DVD player's own set-up that you select BITSTREAM for DD. While you are in there, if you have not, also select Dts Bitstream if handled by your DVDp. bill

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Mathew Shelby

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit

• 344 posts

Posted June 28 2003 - 10:21 AM

Most receivers have two choices: coax or optical. The default for DVD/LD must be set on optical. Figure out how to change it and you should be set.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Agustin

Agustin

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted July 03 2003 - 09:44 AM

Check behind, maybe Coax is just for dvd and Optical is for DVD/LD i have a kenwood receiver and coax is just for input labeled DVD, an optical can be CD/DVD
Acdbulls in other games forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users