Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

DirecTV should automatically give us the first week of new HD channels free

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Reginald Trent

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter

• 1,317 posts

Posted June 12 2003 - 03:23 PM

I tried to sign up for the new service but they said I can't until it actually starts next month. This is why DTV should automatically program our recievers to get the new HD channels. Doing so would give us time to call in to sign up without missing any of the new HD programming.

Anybody else think this is a good idea?

#2 of 7 Dave Dahl

Dave Dahl

Stunt Coordinator

• 139 posts

Posted June 12 2003 - 04:34 PM

Not really.

-Dave

#3 of 7 Jason Walstrom

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor

• 808 posts

Posted June 12 2003 - 04:37 PM

I think it should all come with the reg. package deal. such as total choice plus. But that's not gonna happen.
Nowhere In Mulberry~The Weekly Podcast Commentary of Film, Television and Pop Culture! iTunes

#4 of 7 Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer

Producer

• 3,759 posts

Posted June 13 2003 - 01:04 PM

The thought of having to deal with the typical DirecTV rep on July 1st fills me with dread.

Whenever I've called in the past to get a new channel turned on (Showtime HD last year) they have invariably not known what I was talking about, then failed miserably to get it turned on. Usually they not only fail to get the new channel going but manage to turn off a bunch of unrelated channels.

It has always taken an entire evening of repeated calls with hours of holding time before I reach a person who actually can get my programming running again.

I think 95% of their phone reps do not know what HD is, and don't know how to do thier jobs.

Giving us a week or so to call in and get the service added to our bills is a good idea, but they won't do it. How hard would it be for them to note which of their customers are already getting HD and just activate it for a few days.
Steve S.
I prefer not to push the subwoofers until they're properly run in.

#5 of 7 RichardK

RichardK

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted June 14 2003 - 08:35 AM

maybe at least a 2day free trial with the number to sign up popping up every 15 minutes or so through out the day... because i may be calling them at 12:01am on the 1st to try and keep from missing something without a trial period!

does anyone know what channels to tune in to?

-peace

#6 of 7 Joel Vardy

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor

• 573 posts

Posted June 14 2003 - 10:50 PM

Quote:
Giving us a week or so to call in and get the service added to our bills is a good idea, but they won't do it. How hard would it be for them to note which of their customers are already getting HD and just activate it for a few days.

I wish they would see this as a good PR opportunity. I would seriously consider their new offerings if they would just apply a bit of 'common sense' and give us a preview. I already spend enough on this service and am going to look very 'carefully' at any service enhancements that add to my overall entertainment costs. As is, I will not consider the upgrade but can conceivably see thinking about it if I had a free trial period.

BTW, is there additional hardware required to the conventional two LNB pickup configuration for the new service? I remember them talking about adding a third LNB to pick up an additional satellite...

Joel

#7 of 7 Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood

Producer

• 3,215 posts

Posted June 15 2003 - 12:15 PM

Even better idea: fix it so it works in the rain. Posted Image