What's new

DirecTV should automatically give us the first week of new HD channels free (1 Viewer)

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
I tried to sign up for the new service but they said I can't until it actually starts next month. This is why DTV should automatically program our recievers to get the new HD channels. Doing so would give us time to call in to sign up without missing any of the new HD programming.

Anybody else think this is a good idea?

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
I think it should all come with the reg. package deal. such as total choice plus. But that's not gonna happen.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
The thought of having to deal with the typical DirecTV rep on July 1st fills me with dread.

Whenever I've called in the past to get a new channel turned on (Showtime HD last year) they have invariably not known what I was talking about, then failed miserably to get it turned on. Usually they not only fail to get the new channel going but manage to turn off a bunch of unrelated channels.

It has always taken an entire evening of repeated calls with hours of holding time before I reach a person who actually can get my programming running again.

I think 95% of their phone reps do not know what HD is, and don't know how to do thier jobs.

Giving us a week or so to call in and get the service added to our bills is a good idea, but they won't do it. How hard would it be for them to note which of their customers are already getting HD and just activate it for a few days.

RichardK

Second Unit
maybe at least a 2day free trial with the number to sign up popping up every 15 minutes or so through out the day... because i may be calling them at 12:01am on the 1st to try and keep from missing something without a trial period!

does anyone know what channels to tune in to?

-peace

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
Giving us a week or so to call in and get the service added to our bills is a good idea, but they won't do it. How hard would it be for them to note which of their customers are already getting HD and just activate it for a few days.
I wish they would see this as a good PR opportunity. I would seriously consider their new offerings if they would just apply a bit of 'common sense' and give us a preview. I already spend enough on this service and am going to look very 'carefully' at any service enhancements that add to my overall entertainment costs. As is, I will not consider the upgrade but can conceivably see thinking about it if I had a free trial period.

BTW, is there additional hardware required to the conventional two LNB pickup configuration for the new service? I remember them talking about adding a third LNB to pick up an additional satellite...

Joel

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks