Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Cable Picture Quality Question

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Parisis

Parisis

Agent

• 30 posts

Posted June 11 2003 - 02:58 AM

In looking at Comcast Cable (Delaware) on my new Panasonic 47 in. I am amazed at the difference in certain channels. I only have basic cable (Not Digital or HDTV). Last night I was watching The Guardian and the picture , though not great was quite good. Fleshtones looke smooth with very little graineness. I am just amazed at how much it varies from station to station and sometimes show to show. Now here comes my dumb question. Is the fact that The Guardian is an HDTV program make it a better quality broadcast even on basic cable? I anm just curious as to what is the explanation as to these differences I'm seeing. Thanks.
HT on a Budget!

Onkyo 502, Infinity Primus 160's , Polk R15 Center and rear, Infinity US1 Sides, Yamaha SB205 Sub, Pany 47in RPTV, Samsung DVD Recorder, Comcast Hi Def.
Kingwin Media Hard Drive (MP3 source)

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Steve Carlo

Steve Carlo

Stunt Coordinator

• 71 posts

Posted June 11 2003 - 09:14 AM

I have found similar things with Cox in VA. At first I thought it was the crappy hotel TV, and then I saw the same interference with our own TV (Sony 27") and our Mitsu 55". I never saw anything like this with Dish Network, which is why we will be cancelling the cable TV at the end of the month Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users