What's new

I need help deciding on Toshiba 51H83... (1 Viewer)

GeorgeVT

Agent
I am going to buy a RPTV this week at local Best Buy to take advantage of their 24 months 0 financing. Initially I decided on the Toshiba 50H82 based on reviews I read here and elsewhere. However, the local stores here only have display models left and wont be getting any new ones since the 51H83 is replacing them.

My question is that I am now considering 51H83 but since it just came out there is no reviews on it yet? Anyone have it or know some who does or who can share info on it?

Also, I am worried how non-HD signals look on this TV and being that Best Buy only shows DVD loops I cant test this at the store. Should this be a concern for me? How are stretch modes on the Toshibas? Just dont want to come home and have standard cable signal look like crap...

Thanks guys...

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
In the past, Toshiba has had an excellent reputation for dealing with the mediocre signals you get from cable and satellite. My 42H81 does very well in this area, but you can still see a difference between channels; those that are compressed more are definitely inferior to the pay stations that are compressed less.

Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks