Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Possible cool rumor for Smallville season 3...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,933 posts

Posted May 21 2003 - 04:33 AM

Don't read unless you like spoilers....

This was at the www.kryptonsite.com page

Bruce Wayne For November Sweeps?
An official-sounding tipster tells us that the long-awaited episode featuring a young Bruce Wayne could be happening as early as November, pending agreements between the appropriate parties. Now if only we could get a spinoff series... anyway, since nothing is confirmed beyond "we're in talks" from official Powers That Be, this is staying on the Rumor page.

I already have the episode title in mind "World's Finest". Yes, I know, not very original. But, if done right this could be a great episode.

Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Hunter P

Hunter P

Screenwriter

• 1,483 posts

Posted May 21 2003 - 07:24 AM

I was just wondering if they would try something like this. Clark should run into more characters from the DC universe to add some geek thrills to the series. Of course
Bruce
would be my first choice. I know that Bizzaro was first intro'd in Superboy so I hope they throw him in too.
GIR, UNLEASH THE MONKEY!
MONKEY!
"I am the Doctor of Death, and I have come to cure you of your life." --Endless Mike, The Adventures of Pete and Pete

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   JohnAP

JohnAP

Second Unit

• 264 posts

Posted May 21 2003 - 03:57 PM

I know they've been wanting to have Bruce Wayne on for a while, but so far it hasn't happened and I think there might be copyright issues with some of the other DC heroes. I do think some more characters from the Superman mythology would be great though. Braniac seems like a natural choice.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow

Screenwriter

• 2,049 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 01:10 AM

It's not copyright issues, because WB owns DC Comics. The problem is that there is/was a Superman & Batman movie planned alrady, so they have to clear the idea with them first. I think we need more cameos, they spice up the series. Personally, I think the whole Lionel/Lex storyline will lead into the clone thing from the Mythos. If there's anything better than one Magnificent Bastard, it's two of them.
"Would I rather be feared or loved? Um...easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
--Michael Scott, The Office

"When I get sad I just stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story."
--Barney Stinson, How I Met Your Mother