Marvel's Kevin Feige details Phase 3 - Antman has a start date

Discussion in 'Movies' started by oscar_merkx, Jan 26, 2013.

1. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/01/25/ant-man-doctor-strange-marvel/ It is really good to know that Antman is coming, will we see the character in Avengers 2 ?
    If they confirm Adam Sandler and / or Jim Carrey as one of the chararcters in Guardians of the Galaxy, who will be picked as Dr Strange ?

2. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    I think Viggo Mortenson or Pierce Brosnan would be pretty good choices for Dr. Strange. I think it's a good thing that they are branching out with more new characters. However, I hope Phase three finally gives us a second Hulk film (as well as Thor 3 and Captain America 3).

3. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

Its about time theyre going ahead with Ant-Man.I hope they introduce Ultron in some form. Dr Strange..... love it. PLEASE do this film properly.

4. Jose Martinez

Jose Martinez Screenwriter

I think Marvel needs a female superhero to have her own movie in Phase 3. My favorite females are unfortunately part of the DC Universe (WW, Black Canary) or Fox has the rights (Rogue, Phoenix, Invisible Woman) so not sure which female Marvel character should be given a chance. She-Hulk? Scarlet Witch? Ms. Marvel?

5. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    What in the wide world is going on? In another thread, DaveF had Sean's avatar, and now I'm seeing Dave's for Sean in this thread! Is it April already? Edit: never mind. iPhone quirk? Avatars seem to be back to normal.

6. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

Jose, SpiderWoman seems to be the popular choice. Seems a Black Widow movie is also a possibility.

7. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    I think a Captain (Ms) Marvel movie could be pretty cool. It could have Carol Danvers as an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. or maybe S.W.O.R.D. as she gets swept up in a cosmic adventure/war with Captain Marvel (Mar-vel). Then in the third act Captain Marvel could die and pass on his powers to Danvers. Or something.

8. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    An interesting RUMOR about Marvel's plans for the Hulk in Phase 3. http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/174817-is-marvel-studios-planning-a-planet-hulk-feature Be warned if you read the actual Latino Review article or watch the guy's video. The guy comes off as a total douche. Anyway, the basic idea of the rumor is that an event at the end of Avengers 2 would set up a Planet Hulk adaptation for Phase 3 in The Incredible Hulk 2 and an adaptation of elements of World War Hulk for Avengers 3. Interesting rumor. I actually haven't read these comics, but I am familiar with the basic premise of the stories. If they do use this material it would obviously have to just be a loose adaptation in order to fit into the existing Marvel Cinematic Universe, especially considering Hulk's heroic path in The Avengers.

9. Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway captveg

Brandon Conway
    I'd love a Planet Hulk movie. Bring it, I say.

10. Jose Martinez

Jose Martinez Screenwriter

So, it's obvious why The Silver Surfer can't be part of this. Will Marvel go with Beta Ray Bill again? Or maybe one of the Guardians of the Galaxy? Or another cosmic character? Nova?

11. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

more news about Ant-Man http://collider.com/edgar-wright-ant-man-marvel/

12. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

I want Ultron for Avengers 3. Ultron dammit.

13. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    Great interview here with Joss Whedon
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/176445-joss-whedon-teases-more-avengers-2-details
    "I have finished a draft and I'm redoing it now. I think it's in really good shape. We're in a very good place," he said.
    When they asked him if he felt pressure to top the first film, he offered this response.
    "I try not to think of it as topping it. I try to think of this as its own movie. Sometime yeah, I feel pressure and by the way, Shane (Black) not helping, Iron Man 3 not helping, because I saw this and man he really got it right. But when you're in the story and you're dealing with these characters that you love, that everybody loves, when you've got the new characters sliding in next to them it's very exciting. Then I don't feel pressure, it's like I'm reading my favorite comic."
    New characters you say? Whedon offered a few more details about who these might be.
    "I've got these two characters, two of my favorite characters from the comic book, a brother-sister act. They're in the movie."
    The only brother-sister combo that we can think of is Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch. While Whedon could just be having fun at the expense of the online community, it is likely that these characters could appear in the sequel as Marvel shares the rights with Fox.
    Overall though, Whedon says he is having fun with the sequel.
    "It's going really well, eventually someone will explain to me that it's not and pull me out of my bubble. I've been writing and meeting with actors and we're starting to storyboard, all the preliminary processes. This is the part where it's all still fun."
    The subject of the upcoming Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. series also came up.
    "Well there's no update in terms of they haven't said 'Go and make many of these for it shall be on the air.' We've finished the pilot, Agent Coulson is in it, and we will explain why in the pilot. It is wonderful and he is phenomenal in it. We should find out in the very near future whether or not everyone else gets to enjoy it as much as we already have."
    Edit: Oops! Just realized this info is Phase 2 and the thread is Phase 3.