Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sony DVD Remote Question

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Angelo.M

Angelo.M

Producer

• 4,007 posts

Posted May 12 2003 - 03:50 AM

I have a DVPS-530 player and its remote, when connected to a DE series receiver from a few years back, is able to control the receiver's volume. Now, the player is connected to a 2ES receiver, with S-link connected as well, and the remote no longer controls the receiver's volume. I checked the player's manual and tried to re-enter each of the Sony receiver codes, and it still won't do it. Any help out there? Thanks in advance...

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   AaronBatiuk

AaronBatiuk

Second Unit

• 333 posts

Posted May 12 2003 - 04:16 AM

The most likely culprit is that you have the receiver set up to command mode "AV2". The problem is that the DVD's remote is transmitting volume commands for receivers that respond to "AV1" signals, but your receiver is listening for "AV2" signals (and the receiver's remote is transmitting those). Sony created the new command mode so that people with 2 receivers could operate each independantly without interfering with the other. The manual only makes bried mention of the command mode and does not make it clear that most universal or pre-programmed remotes (such as the one for your DVD player) will not operate the receiver in AV2 mode.

Under the customize menu, make sure that "menu expand" is turned on, then scroll to the Command mode parameter and set it to AV1. Do the same for the receiver's remote control (see the manual for the remote). Now the receiver will respond to the DVD player remote.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Grant B

Grant B

Producer

• 3,213 posts

Posted May 12 2003 - 06:05 AM

On the whole I like sony and our house looks like it is an advertisment for sony. I will never understand how a company can build great products and then forget (or hide) to tell people about great features. Slink is usually mentioned in a sentence and most people dont know it exists even when they have it.
"Whatever it is, I'm against it!" G. Marx

Sony TAE/TAP/TAN(2)9000ES;DVP-CX860 DVP-CX777ES
Sony CDP-CX270 CDP-CX355 CDP-CX270 CDP-CX355
Sony S-TS 700ES XPR32450Pioneer Elite CLD 79 KEFs (5) Q75s & 20B Subwoofer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users