What's new

Sony DVD Remote Question (1 Viewer)

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
I have a DVPS-530 player and its remote, when connected to a DE series receiver from a few years back, is able to control the receiver's volume.

Now, the player is connected to a 2ES receiver, with S-link connected as well, and the remote no longer controls the receiver's volume. I checked the player's manual and tried to re-enter each of the Sony receiver codes, and it still won't do it.

Any help out there? Thanks in advance...

AaronBatiuk

Second Unit
The most likely culprit is that you have the receiver set up to command mode "AV2". The problem is that the DVD's remote is transmitting volume commands for receivers that respond to "AV1" signals, but your receiver is listening for "AV2" signals (and the receiver's remote is transmitting those). Sony created the new command mode so that people with 2 receivers could operate each independantly without interfering with the other. The manual only makes bried mention of the command mode and does not make it clear that most universal or pre-programmed remotes (such as the one for your DVD player) will not operate the receiver in AV2 mode.

Under the customize menu, make sure that "menu expand" is turned on, then scroll to the Command mode parameter and set it to AV1. Do the same for the receiver's remote control (see the manual for the remote). Now the receiver will respond to the DVD player remote.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
On the whole I like sony and our house looks like it is an advertisment for sony. I will never understand how a company can build great products and then forget (or hide) to tell people about great features.
Slink is usually mentioned in a sentence and most people dont know it exists even when they have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks