What's new

Help with surrounds (1 Viewer)

greg baker

Stunt Coordinator
I bought 2 pair of jbl s26's for my ht online without realizing how substantial they were. They are great for the front. I have a matching s center but the s26's are a bit large on the walls for my surrounds. Can anyone recommend some good surrounds that are smaller that might sound good in my setup. I have the following

mains- JBL s26II
Center- JBL s-center
sub- JBL pb-10.
Receiver- HK-520
as you can see by my current setup, I am not looking for high dollar speakers. Just some good quality speakers for my surrounds.

Greg

greg baker

Stunt Coordinator
I am not worried about being able to mount them. It is a new house and my wife does not like the looks of a large speaker hanging on the wall. I didn't think Timber matching was a big issue with surrounds.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
One reason why I bought another set of JBL S26s for my REAR Center Channel location, (JBL S26 = Fronts & Surrounds / Yamaha RX-V1300) to maintain that excellent seamless precise imaging. If it's good enough for the DD/DTS-5.1 / 6.1 Mixing Engineer, ... it's good enough for me! ;)

FYI: Read my HTF Yamaha RX-V1300 'Subjective Review' with my JBL S26 (x6), JBL S-Center and SVS 25-31PCi by clicking HERE!

Phil

Dan_Fitz

Grip
Should you just hang a speaker on the wall.

I am wondering how to place my rears. Should they be angle down if they are high on the wall or just flat up against the wall if they are high up. by high i mean like 8 feet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks